what to do......

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by coffee, Feb 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coffee

coffee Well-Known Member

I've been trying talking therapy for the last 10 years or so...

I've done tons of assessments and 1 doctor helped me a lot.
    I still see her which is good.

I am debating with myself whether just focus on seeing a P doc (mostly for med) or continue with talking therapy.

I really want to get better. I don't want to have pains.
    I want to be a better person for my family.

When I start thinking about going to the appointments, I get panic and I almost have to grab a paper bag for more oxygen or something.
    I start having lots of nightmares and I do get physically get sick too.

My child is very young. I have to be close to him. He needs me a lot.
    I need to be there for him.

I know that for a long run. It would be the best for everyone, if I complete talking therapy properly. However I am not sure if I just should suck up everything and pretend like I am fine which I am really good at, and wait till my child is older.

Does that sound silly??????

Yes it does but I don't know... I think I want to find out what would be the best thing for my child right now......

Does anyone freak out about talking therapy at all?
    for me it's not therapy, it's torture......:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

2. Sammakko...

Sammakko... Guest

"When I start thinking about going to the appointments, I get panic and I almost have to grab a paper bag for more oxygen or something.
    I start having lots of nightmares and I do get physically get sick too."

What makes so much pressures for you?

What do you think when you start to go panic?

What kind of noghtmares you have seen?

3. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

I know it's hard, but I think you need to continue with the therapy. Hiding or pretending nothing's wrong won't help you or your child.

4. pisces-music-girl

pisces-music-girl Well-Known Member

I think you should continue with your talking therapy. You should also consider medication, if you're not on it now. The meds don't cure you, but the make holes less deep and the lows less low.

Hang in there.

5. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I think you should continue therapy and seeing your pdoc..I have been in therapy going on five years and on meds for I don't even know how long..For some of us thats what it takes to feel somewhat normal..Are your meds working?? If not you should talk to your pdoc and either have the dosage increased or switched to something else..Mine has me on seven different meds.. Thats what it takes for me..I took a break for a couple of months from therapy and found out that I still needed it..Stay Safe and stay strong!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.