What to do...

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by brokenandlonely, May 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brokenandlonely

brokenandlonely Well-Known Member

when everyday seems like a struggle to go through. Having to wake up in the morning with no energy to do anything but having to distract myself through the day to not think of any thoughts and to have the day go by quicker to eventually fall back asleep at night. My thoughts have been very forceful and it's things along the lines of "everyone hates you" "why do you even bother when you've pushed everyone away" Your useless..." "might as well..." I'm around people that have said they care and love me but inside I don't feel it, I feel pain and hurt by things that have gone in the past and things that I'm going through currently with my issues. Where does one find the energy to go on when all they want to do is give up but don't want to hurt the others around them? :(
  2. Vagrant

Vagrant Account Closed

First i would say, past is the past you live in the present, stop thinking about the moment that make you feel sad and think about those who make you laugh, stop living for the others and live for yourself.

• walking, drawing, music, staying away from sad thing calling your friend, resting or taking a nap, or go to the gym and smash the punching bag so damn hard...

False, Everybody around you care, they are probably not showing it from now, talk about your depressions and suicidal though WHIT them,^^^^^^ remember IT ONLY COME WITH SUICIDAL THOUGH
  3. minime

minime Well-Known Member

I was watching a show about a study on happiness and one of the people being interviewed said something that struck me. He said it is actually more difficult to be happy. He said we all have to work at making ourselves happy. It is easier to be depressed and lonely but happiness takes work, he said.

I remembered this because of the above post. I cope by learning what triggers my happiness and unhappiness. I actually made a simple list of the simple things that lift my mood quickly (like taking a shower, getting out to walk or getting a cup of coffee or tea). When I feel the sadness coming on, I do something to fight it. I guess I have learned a little bit on how to work on my happiness.

Easy to type it out but I have to be aware of my emotions day to day and respond and help myself accordingly.
  4. shamps

shamps Well-Known Member

What a totally brilliant way of looking at it Minime x
  5. minime

minime Well-Known Member

That tv show was an eye opener. It was a totally different perspective. I always thought that happy, normal people were happy naturally and it was easy for them. I did not realize that every single person is fighting some sort of problem. Some were just given better coping tools when they were young. I guess we are all fighting and searching for this "happiness."
  6. Forgotten_Man

Forgotten_Man Well-Known Member

Hmmm how to make the day go faster. Mindless repetitive tasks, like the one I do at my job. I also find that sleeping helps too. Maybe do a little exercise that will help push back the thoughts.
  7. brokenandlonely

Do you remember what the show was called? I do try my best to be "happy" but it just doesn't work out because of the thoughts ruling over everything else that is going on. "Happiness" I am pretty sure takes a lot of work, maybe it's more effort then I have put in as if it wasn't I would have been happy already. I just really struggle and try to pull through day by day but as of late it's been more of distracting myself with mindless things just to get through the day. I used to enjoy doing alot of things that I don't enjoy any longer. I just feel miserable and alone the majority of the time. I could be in a room full of people that care about me and I will either feel better for that moment but when I am by myself and alone... it's the complete opposite. I don't have much friends in real life or places that I can go because of my anxiety. My thoughts tell me that I should isolate so that I won't get hurt. I just need this pain to stop, there has to be some other way? :(
  8. minime

minime Well-Known Member

bwa ha ha! your Jack Handey line made me laugh so much! give me a sec, i will look up that show about happiness. it was on PBS.
  9. minime

minime Well-Known Member

The title is "This Emotional Life."

One of the segments there is about the popularity of self-help books. One of the things that bother me is that I think I am crazy and I get a sense of shame about that. And then I realized that self-help books and seminars (like Wayne Dyer) is big business so maybe there are lots of people seeking help out there just like me! This show made me see so many things in a new light. I hope you can watch it online. I am not sure if it is available on PBS.org
    Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2010
  10. brokenandlonely

Thank you so much for the information and I'm glad that you liked my Jack Handy sig! I'm also in the states and I should be able to hopefully find it and it might shed some light on this all because quite honestly I can't live like this with all this pain... :( I already know that I'm not the best of anything but I don't think I deserve this constant misery that I feel... I just really want to be over this pain :cry:
  11. minime

minime Well-Known Member

You're welcome!
  12. TheOncomingStorm

TheOncomingStorm Well-Known Member

Im sorry i didnt catch your post before Harry, and im unsure what to say other than if you need to talk you know where I am..Hugs your way :hug: :hug:
  13. absolution

absolution Forum Buddy

I think you just need to let people in Harry. Let them help you. You can do this...i know you can....
  14. xXxRNBxXx

xXxRNBxXx Senior member

hey babe *hug* I hope your ok ... you know you can talk to and message me anytime babe... love you so much xxxx
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.