What to do

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by koukou63, Nov 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. koukou63

koukou63 Antiquitie's Friend

I'm in my early 30's and have suffered from mental health problems for about 13 years now. The last 2 years have been hell, with my symptoms worsening and no medication or therapy seems to help.

I don't want to live like this and I know I can't stand another 13 days of this let alone another 13 years. I really can't see myself ever growing old and most days I am surprised that I have got this far without killing myself, not for want of trying I have a few failed attempts in my past.

I don't want to exist like this. I am not 'living' and I am a burden to my family who have to care for me. Their lives wold be so much easier if I was gone.

In my head I have written my goodbyes and worked out other issues such as telling my husband how I would like to be buried etc. So now what do I do? Do I tell my shrink how bad its got and risk crisis intervention or do I shut up and keep on with the semi happy image I portray when I am slowly dying inside? Help.
  2. Freiheit

Freiheit Member

Hi there
    Well its hard to say what to do next. I mean i kinda know what i am talking about, i have suffered from depression since i was probably 11-12 and i am 19 right now. I have had the thoughts that you have, in figuring out stuff. But you know what you should let your shrink know, and yea maybe a crisis intervention will happen but i am sure it will be ok.
    I dont see a shrink and i know i should be but i have not found one for me yet, so i want to give you the advice in use what resources you have, they might turn out positive in the end. Do you have kids? if you do, think about what they will have to go throu. I havent commited suicide because i have a little sister who i dont want to go throu hard times just because her sister couldnt handle life. Alot of the times the people that are left behind after a suicide become suicidal themselves, so its always good to think about them. And i am sure you will get throu it.
    I want to tell you that i will be here if you need me. I will be glad to listen and let you know what i think. Please i hope i will here from you soon
  3. ace

ace Well-Known Member

koukou I want to tell you and really let you know that I feel your pain,I like you am also in my early 30's and have suffered severe Major Depression well Bi-Polar also severe Ocd,Bdd and severe Anxiety of late but don't give in please I just spent the last six days in the Hospital for the second time in two month's and I feel that could be a good solution.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.