What to do

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by sadcat, May 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sadcat

sadcat Well-Known Member

I see oncology today.
    Do not know what to do.

should I ask about the vaccine - which has so many insurance requirements.
    should I ask about the pulminary embolisms I have been experiencing.
    shoud I ask why they have not been giving me anything for the pain.
    should I ask about receiving a bone hardener to slow the cancer; to slow the osteoporosis.
    should I ask about vitamin D and calcium dosing
    should I ask about casodex timing and dosing
    should I ask about the next series of MRI's
    should I just give up and go to another hospital
    should I ask about prednisone usage

so many questions
    I don't know what to do.

I feel that the doctor does not care about me.
    I feel he does not even look at my test results; that I am given the tests just to shut me up.

They are not doing anything to help cure my problem.
    They are going to just let me die.

It just does not matter any more.
  2. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

I don't know the details of your situation. But if you have questions, you should definitely ask them. I do think that, if you feel this doctor isn't taking you seriously, you should try going to a different doctor or hospital. You deserve the best treatment possible.
  3. Brokengirl123

Brokengirl123 Well-Known Member

Yes you should ask everything you want to and need to and the doctor SHOULD listen to you.

Write everything down as you have above ona piece of paper. Think of any possible answers they may give and what possible questions may arise from those so you can be completely prepared.

Make sure you make the doctor aware that you have this list of questions with you and tell him you want to go through each point before you begin the session.

If length of time of the session is an issue explain that you would like to see them again as soon as possible to finish whatever questions you have remaining. Be confident when you tell the doctor this, let them know you will not take no for an answer, that you are here and you deserve to be heard and you WILL be heard. If this doctor refuses to comply I would say find a new one, or new hospital like you say. In my experience, great doctors are few and far between and I often wonder why some of them even went into a caring profession because they certainly don't seem to care at times.

Good luck to you and I am here if you need support.
  4. sadcat

sadcat Well-Known Member

Brokengirl - - so sorry to hear your problem with the sun.
    I do understand. some of my meds are not compatible with the sun.
    4 and a half years ago I went out into the sun to walk our dog.
    I spent 3 years getting all of the cancerous leisions i got from that effort , burned off . They could only burn off 20 at a session.
    Once burned off they would blister and slowly heal (each) for a couple weeeks . Then the next session.
    WOw - tedious.

you have taught me someting with your liking for the Rain. but I cannot go into the rain either - there is still too much ultra violet light in rain.

thank you for your advice and kindness.

5. sadcat

sadcat Well-Known Member

wild cherry and brokengirl

went to oncology today. they treated me well. I asked a ton of questions.
    forgot a few questions too.
    doc got me tested again for pulminary embolism. AM so frightened that I have them again. means weeks in the hospital to get onto blood thinners.
    am pretty sure i do have them again. had one a few weeks ago and it nearly knocked me to the ground.
  6. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

I wish there was something I could say to make this easier. Sending positive thoughts and vibes your way, I hope you don't have the pulmonary embolism again!
  7. Brokengirl123

Brokengirl123 Well-Known Member

That is sad to hear but it is nice to be able to relate to someone about something at the very least, I am sorry you went through that you have been through the rocks haven't you. I am glad you asked your questions and maybe the ones you forgot you can make a note of for next time, otherwise is there a phoneline that offers health advice eg in uk there is 111 (not sure where you live) and you can ask professionals health related questions. (It is supposed to be used to prevent people dialing 99 or visiting a hospital/gp when the situation is not really that urgent or serious - a very useful phoneline)

I really hope you do not have a pulmonary embolism..are there any other measures you can take apart form medication to help prevent them? Like WildCherry I send positive thoughts and wishes your way. :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.