What To Live For

Discussion in 'Strategies for Success' started by kristellechou, Feb 22, 2015.

1. kristellechou

kristellechou Well-Known Member

Suicide has been running around in my head since I was about thirteen. I am 28 and so at 13, this was the height of Harry Potter, Charmed and Friends - among others. I remember clearly thinking 'If I killed myself now, how would I know what happened on the fifth book?" I kept saying the same thing about Charmed and Friends and whatever other obsessions I had at the time.

Harry Potter, Charmed and Friends quite literally kept me alive at the time.

What are your reasons to hang around?
    AlexiMarie7 likes this.
  2. Northern

Northern SF Supporter

Good thread idea.

1- The possibility, even if slim, that I will find someone for me.
    2- Progresses in science and the images from the next space telescope.
    3- The happiness of my parents and friends.
    AlexiMarie7 likes this.
  3. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

That's a good question! And really helpful to me right now because I need to find reasons to stick around. Here's a few of them, no matter how cheesy some may be :p

I would miss chocolate too much :p
    To see my nephew grow up, to be a good role model to him and see him turn into a decent human being
    To rebuild the relationship with my sister and become close again
    Trying to get my stories and poems published
    To become a better musician!
    Helping people any way I can
    Just enjoying the small things in life, like spring is soon, then summer, I look forward to that
    TV shows and movies that I like to watch
    Reading all sorts of books
    Making friends and making great memories
  4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Things to live for

1 My niece, I love her so much even if she doesn't like to talk to me. I wish I could turn back time.
    2 My mum, love her too, my life would be completely destroyed without her. I'd be nothing without her.
    3 T.V and DVD's, very entertaining, I never used to watch T.V, now I can't get enough of it.
    4 This forum has helped and guided me throughout the years and supporting others now helps me too.
    5 I want to be a paramedic and want to help others. I have a lot of kindness in my heart.
  5. summerraine

summerraine Member

1. My sister. My mom. My dad.
    2. New superhero movies are lined up until at least 2020!
    3. Comedy. I like to make people laugh and this in turn, helps me.
    4. I want to fall in love with the right person, even though I am scared to!
    5. To see all my friends get married.

Thanks for this thread idea!
  6. lachrymose27

lachrymose27 Well-Known Member

1. possibility of finding someone to love and grow old and die with

that's really the only thing although i'm wanting to give up on that too
  7. touya999

touya999 New Member

Family,yugioh,neptunia i guess?
  8. Bryn70

Bryn70 Member

Laughing: even in the darkest times there have been things that have made me laugh and made me smile, even though I didn't think it was possible.

Making someone else laugh, smile or feel better about themselves: I try to keep in mind that many, many people are fighting their own battles, some much worse than mine, and seeing a flicker of humour or the ghost of a smile when they're so caught up in the horrible things in their head helps.

Knowing that I would hurt my family members very deeply: All of us have experienced too much heartbreak recently for me to add to it.

Wondering what incredible person, idea or experience I might miss out on: I suppose that could be filed under "hope", even though hope can sometimes feel like a curse.

Bloody-mindedness: I'm stubborn and I'm not going down without a fight.
  9. Yosoy

Yosoy New Member

Wow, few days ago I thought about killing myself.I was pretty sure I was going to do it this time.But I haven't seen the new season of bates motel lol ! in latinoamerica :)
  10. afterlifepig

afterlifepig Well-Known Member

1. my parents
    2. it would be a waste of my brain, of all my education if i killed myself too soon. still have the potential to do good work as a programmer