What to tell the doctor ?!

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Molii, Mar 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Molii

Molii Member

tomorrow I'm having appointment with the doctor, my friend will be coming with me too cuz she's having some issues in her life.
    the problem is IDK what to tell the doctor I'm not the kind off ppl who likes to talk or open up.
    I'm worried cuz nth works in my life, maybe seeing a doctor won't help me

2. scaryforest

scaryforest Banned Member

tell them that nothing works and when they ask for you to expand, do
    if you don't reply to their questions and open up, they won't be able to help
    have faith and courage

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

You tell them everything ok how you are feeling how you need help to move forward be honest ok so you can get the help and support that is there

4. unionfalls

unionfalls Well-Known Member

If you can, try writing down what you feel and some of your symptoms. This is hard, but if you have a piece of paper with you to remind you what you should tell them, it can be helpful. I am not good at this, but even a few notes has helped me to not close up when I see a doctor or therapist. It usually takes me a while to be comfortable with a doctor and allow them to be of help for me. I do not like to talk about how I feel or think with strangers either, but finding a way to overcome this is essential for the proper care. Hoping it goes well for you.

5. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

Putting down the words and thoughts on a piece of paper is good and can help.. Try to be truthful with the real you now there..

If you not able to speak it to them , just hand the paper to them.. This is probably new to you..opening up and letting it out finally takes some time and practice.. Moll this is a great place to start with this..we all humans and go thru similar things and thoughts and action..

We do not bite or rush to judgement..trying to say keep talking and trying here..we will be here!!!

6. soulreaper

soulreaper Well-Known Member

doctors are not mind readers they can only help with the information that you give them. IDK if bringing your friend is a good idea, if you have a hard time opening up in front of a doctor, now you will have to open up to your friend and doctor, I find sessions alone are better, lose the friend.

7. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

Moll this mtg with the doctor is to talk about you and your issues, thoughts and feelings.. not this time your friends problems.. if they know you really well and cares about you and willing to have the subject be you and your health and well being there then maybe ok to bring them with you.. give it some thought and always up to you..

8. Molii

Molii Member

Thanks guyz, I'll try to do my best to be honest and talk more about what I've been through with the doctor
    my friend is coming, but I'll talk me and the doctor only, she said she'll wait me somewhere just yo make sure I'll be fine after the session.
    I even told my bf thought he'll support me, But he's not willing

9. Molii

Molii Member

Thanks guyz, I'll try to do my best to be honest and talk more about what I've been through with the doctor
    my friend is coming, but I'll talk me and the doctor only, she said she'll wait me somewhere just yo make sure I'll be fine after the session.
    I even told my bf thought he'll support me, But he's not willing to help me, So it feels worse now

10. scaryforest

has he known of your issues before? or is this new to him?

11. Molii

Molii Member

He only knows that I'm such a moody person and that I always complain about my life.
    I don't think he knows what's wrong with me

12. scaryforest

hmm, you feel you lack his support? ask him for it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.