What uncommon things have you done or have happened to you? First good stuff then bad

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by AlienBeing, Jan 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AlienBeing

AlienBeing Well-Known Member

Good stuff:

I've been up in a hot air balloon. (Very cool.)
    I canoed a white water river and camped overnight along the way for a week.
    I graduated with highest average and was valedictorian of my high school.
    I've gotten A's in university math and science courses .
    I was a Rail Traffic Controller for many years.
    I've experienced telepathy with many people.(This is not a delusion. People can confirm it.) Mostly I've read minds but I've also had mine read back repeatedly by 4 people.)
    I learned to play the flute.

Bad Stuff:

I've tried to kill myself three times and been an inpatient on the psych wards of 5 different hospitals.
    I developed Interstitial Cystitis (Bet you don't even know what that is.)
    I've had Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation for treatment resistant depression.
    I was stalked and chased by Paul Bernardo(a serial rapist/murderer), but got away.
    I've experienced telepathy with many people.(This is not a delusion. People can confirm it.) Mostly I've read minds but I've also had mine read back repeatedly by 4 people.)

2. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Re: What uncommon things have you done or have happened to you? First good stuff then

Wow, I can't think of anything fun and unique that I've done...guess I've had a pretty boring life so far. But there are many things I want to do, like sky diving or base jumping.
    I've heard of interstitial cystitis, sounds pretty awful. Sorry that you have to deal with that. I think I have a form of telepathy as well, but people usually don't believe me. I've heard "voices" (not in the sense of a delusion) and I had an unexplainable connection with a friend. He could think of a place or object or scenario in his head and I could describe it well. And we always seemed to know how the other was feeling.

3. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

Re: What uncommon things have you done or have happened to you? First good stuff then

okay i'll take a stab at this.

good:
    -I've had art work published several times
    -I was able to successfully land a turbo prop airplane without the instructor having to take over the controls from me on my first try. Only did that the once. I think if I had the funds available I would like to try learning to fly a helicopter. So very expensive. :sad:

bad:
    -I had a bad trampoline related accident when I was a kid that knocked me out cold for a good long while
    -I'm pretty sure (although not 100% positive) that I once wrote a parking ticket to an Olympic gold medalist.
    -I have called an ambulance for psychological problems and lied to the EMT's about the reason for my call when they arrived. Nevertheless, making that call very likely prevented me from doing what I really wanted to do at the time

4. BrinkOfExistence

BrinkOfExistence Well-Known Member

Good:
    -I've flown a plane several times.
    -Sat inside a police helicopter and several RAF helicopters.
    -I once got free access to all the arcade games at an acarde in Ibiza.
    -My sisters use to be in a morris dancing troupe and they would travel all around the northwest competing and i got to go with them, which was pretty cool because not only did i get to travel around a bit i got to do it on a coach full of girls.
    -I crossdress, most people may see this as a bad thing but i think it's great.

Bad:
    -Almost got ran over by a train, twice. (don't play on train tracks kids, it's stupid)
    -I was arrested at the age of 11 for tresspassing and vandalism. (I was playing golf, the tresspassing was not paying to play, i had no idea you had to pay to play on a golf course and the vandalism was because i kept missing the ball and chipping the grass.)
    -from the ages of about 3 to 15 i would steal pretty much anything, i think i may have been a kleptomaniac, I'd steal toys from school, food/drinks/sweets from canteens and shops, I never stole anything expensive and i never stole things that meant something to someone but if it was cheap and replacable it was mine.
    -I suffer from episodes of severe paranoia, but not of people wanting to hurt me but supernatural things wanting to, it's really embarrassing after my paranoia dies down, i'm left sat there thinking "what the fuck is wrong with me?".

5. AlienBeing

AlienBeing Well-Known Member

Good Stuff:

I've written a novel.
    I babysat twins for years. I had a boyfriend who was a twin and a friend who was a triplet.
    I did 21 weeks of group therapy for repeat suicide attempters. And then I did it again.(The closest live experience to this place I've ever had.)

Bad Stuff

I've had bedbugs.
    I wrote a really nasty letter to a teacher once and she never suspected or learned that it was me. She suspected one of the smart boys.
    I kept trying to pee like a boy for about a year as a kid because I wanted to be a boy, lol. That was so weird.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.