What usually triggers emotion (sadness) in you?

What usually triggers emotion (sadness) in you?

• Sad Songs.

Votes: 36 36.4%
  • Sad Movies.

Votes: 26 26.3%
  • Happy People.

Votes: 37 37.4%
  • Holidays.

Votes: 27 27.3%
  • Your Past.

Votes: 65 65.7%
  • Your Present.

Votes: 53 53.5%
  • Your Future.

Votes: 56 56.6%
  • Your Loneliness.

Votes: 62 62.6%
  • Mean Spirited People.

Votes: 40 40.4%
  • Your Lack whatever

Votes: 37 37.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

boo

Sadness is a feeling with multiple branches where many things are connected to.
What invokes sadness in you? Poll coming

Last edited by a moderator:
My present, my future and happy people.

I can't seem to fix the present which means I have no future.

Happy people make me sick, because I want to be one. It's just so fucking unfair. :(

total eclipse

SF Friend
Staff Alumni
I put past but crisis in present triggers memories of past they emerge and make me go crazy ahaahahah thats when i want out of here out cause too much pain

NoGood

I voted 'mean spirited people' and 'lack whatever'

Mean people-well thats obvious, if i have a horrible client at work, it means im sad for the rest of the day. I always say, 'why can people not be nice and just get on with their own stuff?'.

And

Lack whatever - i cant even imagine winning the lotto cause it depresses me about all the things i will never have. Money does bring happiness cause it brings peace of mind over a lot of things. Im sad now and i dont have a mortgage, a car loan and major bills to pay, i dread what im going to be like in 10yrs time. Im not materialisitc but stuff makes me feel good, like driving my nice car (before it was stolen), and i dont think theres anything wrong with getting pleasure from an item.

Nearly every option up there tiggers me in one way or another so i just picked the worst ones lol.

As for you Mrs Linds, ive no idea what you are talking about. You ARE a happy person. The way you and I carry on, its like we are school girls again having the craic and having a laugh. We cant be happy ALL the time but you deffo are a happy person and a fun person. You brighten up my life everyday - seriously! I think your class!!! I be pissing myself laughing reading things you write lol. I think you and I are 2 of a kind haha

~Claire

everything and anything it seems, depending how tired i am.
I'm like this too. I am triggered by lots of things. Currently it's Bones on Sky 1, it has a very sad story about chickens. Sometimes the most random things can leave me feeling sad for days or even weeks.

Mortal Moon

I clicked "sad movies", but what especially comes to my mind are visual novels- kind of like a cross between a video game and a picture book, for those who don't know.

I just finished a VN called Narcissu, which is about two young people who are terminally ill and decide to spend their last days on an impromptu road trip. Without spoiling anything, let me just say that the ending hit pretty close to home for me, and I was crying uncontrollably for quite some time afterward.

In a more immediate sense, I find that my depression hits hardest when I think about how my family would feel if I died. Barring that critical piece, there's almost nothing about the idea of suicide that bothers me in the slightest, and in fact I'm inclined to think of the act in very positive and romantic terms. But when I think about how much it would hurt my parents, and my sisters, and my grandparents, and everyone else... I completely break down, because suddenly there's no escape. There's the hell of life, and there's the hell of death, and the decision becomes far less clear-cut than I like to think it is.

Stranger1

Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend
Ipicked past because of things that happened that I hang onto for some reason..I won't allow myself to be happy because eventually the shit will hit the fan and draw me back down.. So I just sit in my dark place and rehash all the torment I went thru when I was younger..In the past twenty years I have only let two people in... I met them here on the forum and they have turned into real life friends..We talk everyday by email..Even when I talk to them I feel like I am just boreing the shit out of them and they reassure me that I am not..So bottom line the PAST!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$135.00
Goal
$255.00