What was it like to take anti-depressent or anti-anxiety medicine?

ShyGuy

ok what the heck.

I wanna say curss medicine at this point. Well. I'm sure its my.. fault.

Gosh.

I took Zoloft back in high school and made a weird youtube video (I had to make it private cuz of haters making terrible "jokes" on the video, claiming I'm always like that when the point of the youtube video was to be ironically the opposite of how I usually act.)

ok so I started taking
new
anti-depressent
anti-anxiety
medicine
like some people told me I should

and wow.

today someone kept saying I said all this weird stuff to them yesterday. It ends up I did, I just didn't remember anything from yesterday.

and now today

someone that said I can vent to them "as much as I want to" blocked me without discussing it with me or saying a single word to me.

this

anti-anxitey
anti-depressent medicine

seems to suck so bad.

This is only my second day taking it.

I don't feel less anxious and depressed. Just a tiny bit more talkative, maybe.. I keep.. doing.. stupid.. stuff.. on the internet.. followed by people.. bringing it up to me or/and blocking me immediately. I keep saying. Stupid stuff on the internet.

This SUCKS.

I made my situation WORST.

A cool person (that knows my internet Sensei) told me I can "vent to them as much as I want to."

I did today and they blocked me without saying a single word at all to me.

Gosh.

I keep trying to add them on alt accounts to ask them why they blocked me, but they won't accept my friend requests.

Gosh.

And yesterday I said all this stupid stuff the entire day and night to people.

GOSH.

THIS anti-depressent anti-anxiety medicine SUCKS.

I was worried it'd make me "too brave" and say weird stuff online and someone irl told me to tell my psychiatrist that.

Gosh darn it.

I'm sure its too soon to judge this medicine, I'll wait a few weeks and see how it effects me..

BUT GOSH

Today and yesterday I took it for the first two days and apparently I am causing more heveck on the internet than I usually do.

gosh darn it.

and I'm crying for the fifth time today cuz of the person blocking me. I cried this morning a few times too as I wrote on other threads today.

this anti-anxiety anti-depressent medicine is not working at all for me yet. Its making me act worst. I'm not sure if its the medicine or if I've always been this sucky and never realized it this much until now.

Everyone I talk to online keeps blocking me. I feel so bad and pathetic and worthless. Also this anti-depressent anti-anxiety medicine hasn't made me feel any less depressed or anxious yet. I feel really sad and mad.

I hate myself so much, I seem to just bother everyone around me, and I hate it, I hate that I never fit in.. I never do... This medicine seems to suck so far and been making me act worst..

How was your experience with medication?

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
i'm sorry it's so bad for you right now @ShyGuy . it takes this type of med at least 4 to 6 weeks t be fully effective. you probably won't get any effect for at least 2 or 3 weeks. hold in there. and we haven't blocked you so keep venting. we are listening to you, i am listening to you...mike....*hug*console*shake

Shelly

SF Supporter
I’ve had so many prescriptions i can’t remember all their names...

first one, knocked me out in less than 30 minutes.
I wake up not remembering what happened, where am i and i cant recognize my bedroom so i go in panic attack.
Felt groggy and extremely hungry,

second one, i’m emotionless, i dont want to eat at all, i lost so much weight

and the rest were Meh... the rest of prescription meds didn’t feel like it did anything for my depression and anxiety.

i stopped for a while so i can get a hold of my emotions and bring myself back to reality.

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
I’ve had so many prescriptions i can’t remember all their names...

first one, knocked me out in less than 30 minutes.
I wake up not remembering what happened, where am i and i cant recognize my bedroom so i go in panic attack.
Felt groggy and extremely hungry,

second one, i’m emotionless, i dont want to eat at all, i lost so much weight

and the rest were Meh... the rest of prescription meds didn’t feel like it did anything for my depression and anxiety.

i stopped for a while so i can get a hold of my emotions and bring myself back to reality.
*hug

ShyGuy

Ah...

yeah before I read the replies here I was gonna say...

Today and yesterday SUCKED.

I first started taking the medicine yesterday.

GOSH I KEEP SUCKING OUT.

Today someone kept bringing up weird stuff I said yesterday that I really do not remember at all. It took a long while for my memory to jog a bit.

And now today, I kept spamming my Discord friend vents about my internet sensei (cuz 3 months ago, the friend said its ok for me to vent.) and they blocked me. I told them I was starting to take medicine.

I then added them on an alt account IMMEDIATELY after they blocked me to ask why they blocked me, but they said they know it's me and blocked my alternative account.

(I can't STAND that people keep blocking or/and unfriending me without discussing with me why at all first...)

I keep messing up so badly today and yesterday. and I keep being so forgetful. I wasn't sure if its the medicine, or me, or both or what..

Edit: GOSH, WHAT THE HECK.

And now my close online friend said "Have you tried quitting all medicine for awhile.....?"

PWETPTEKPOETKPOEKPTOKTPOKT THERE WERE LOTS OF PEOPLE on the internet that said I should take medicine.

This is my 2nd day taking medicine for anxiety and people keep blocking me and unfriending me and mentioning weird stuff I said that I don't remember, and now my friend even thinks I should stop taking it even though its literally the 2nd day I took it and I haven't took medicine like this in 15 years.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaa

ShyGuy

Oh no. I got a new medicine and

I haven't slept in over 24 hours

I looked it up online and lots of people reported insomnia problems. I talked to my irl friend that also takes it, and they said the first 2 weeks was a really rough 2 weeks.

How fast will the insomnia side effect go away? I don't want insomnia.. it sucks

Nick

☆☆Admin-tastic ☆☆
Safety & Support
SF Social Media
SF Artist
SF Supporter
The insomnia may, possibly be from the med, although you may also be stressing yourself out and that is keeping you from sleeping. It is highly unlikely that any behavior changes can be attributed to a med your started taking yesterday. It takes weeks for meds to start having that kind of effect. Most meds it take up to 6-8 weeks for them to even work properly. It's more likely stress that is causing this reaction.

I struggle with insomnia and I don't have the best answers for you. The best thing is to try to find a way to slow down your mind so you can sleep. You will never sleep if your mind is running 100 mph going through all of these things over and over and over. I have started reading while listening to music or some other sounds that I found calming while trying to sleep.

Champagne

✯✯ Heart of an angel ✯✯
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
How was your experience with medication?
Medication has certainly kept me alive. There were times in my life where my paranoia was so severe I couldn't even open the curtains, or eat, or do anything normal and have zero quality of life, to me at that time, life wasn't worth living. Without anti anxiety medication to this day I would not be able to function, my mind spirals out of control without it then all the negative thoughts creep in. I will be on them for life but the rest of my medicine I'm sure I will be off at some stage.

I'm doing much better these days compared to years ago but I have to be careful to do certain things everyday as to not get back to that stage in my life when I could not get out of bed or function.

ShyGuy

Thanks.

My initial reactions to the new medicine I got aren't good. It gave me the side-effect of insomnia. And I feel nauseous and keep having sudden bouts where I have to turn off my phone and lay down for awhile cuz I feel more nauseous and light-headed like I might pass out. I haven't eaten in 2 days, I feel too nauseous and depressed and anxious. The bottles say "do not mix with alcohol" but it's a drag always re-filling my water filtered tank, so I usually just have beer with my medications. I hope I'll feel better soon..

Paisley

SF Artist
SF Supporter
Thanks.

My initial reactions to the new medicine I got aren't good. It gave me the side-effect of insomnia. And I feel nauseous and keep having sudden bouts where I have to turn off my phone and lay down for awhile cuz I feel more nauseous and light-headed like I might pass out. I haven't eaten in 2 days, I feel too nauseous and depressed and anxious. The bottles say "do not mix with alcohol" but it's a drag always re-filling my water filtered tank, so I usually just have beer with my medications. I hope I'll feel better soon..
Taking alcohol with your medications can increase your reaction to alcohol. I would guess that's why you're saying things you regret but not remembering them, not because of the meds. Please try to take them as they're supposed to be taken, and if after a few weeks they still haven't helped you then talk to your doctor about it.

ShyGuy

dude f*ck this medicine

it's been a week with my new meds and I am COVERED in sweat and feel like passing out again

ugh sweat is dripping into my eyeballs as I type

and it gives insomnia as another side-effect besides the hot flashes

I am so freaking hot and covered in sweat right now with bags under my eyes cuz it makes me very tired but gives insomnia at the same time

I really wish I could show how hot and covered in sweat I am, so that ya'll believe me..

ShyGuy

It's hard to contact them cuz I call the building, then the machine says the phone number for the mental health part but I can't hear one of the numbers, so idk how to call the psychiatrist

I haven't been able to sleep so I'm so tired, my mom told me yesterday to just stop taking both of my medicines, the SSRI or whatever and anti-depressent medicine. Today's the first day that I just didn't take them (or maybe it was yesterday, I forgot) and my head kinda hurts and keeps pulsating and I can't get out of bed at all, I'm so physically tired..

Paisley

SF Artist
SF Supporter
It's hard to contact them cuz I call the building, then the machine says the phone number for the mental health part but I can't hear one of the numbers, so idk how to call the psychiatrist

I haven't been able to sleep so I'm so tired, my mom told me yesterday to just stop taking both of my medicines, the SSRI or whatever and anti-depressent medicine. Today's the first day that I just didn't take them (or maybe it was yesterday, I forgot) and my head kinda hurts and keeps pulsating and I can't get out of bed at all, I'm so physically tired..
Nope, do not stop taking them without talking to your doctor. You're going to go into withdrawal if you don't take them.

Sunspots

To Wish Impossible Things
Admin
SF Supporter
my mom told me yesterday to just stop taking both of my medicines, the SSRI or whatever and anti-depressent medicine. Today's the first day that I just didn't take them (or maybe it was yesterday, I forgot) and my head kinda hurts and keeps pulsating and I can't get out of bed at all, I'm so physically tired..
I'm sure your mom means we'll but that's really bad advice. It's really important that you don't just suddenly stop taking them. It can cause all sorts of nasty side effects if you stop taking them suddenly. That could well be why your head hurts and is pulsating - it's quite a common thing to feel if you stop taking them too quickly. Please don't stop without talking to your doctor first - if you can't get hold of your psychiatrist at least speak to your GP about it first.

ShyGuy

Thank you.

I called my mom again and she told me what I should do is take pills every other day instead of every day like the medicine told me to, as a way to weave off of it. I took a pill today and I feel better.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00