What was past, is now present... and improved!

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Odus, May 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Odus

Odus New Member

Why hello there!

Well this is a blast from the past!

Hi! My name is Callum. Some of you may know me as Nuri; a former member on this forum, from around 2006 and onwards to at least 2010.

I'm a 23 year old monkey, seeking to trade bananas for something a bit more upmarket. Oh, and I'm a smart little monkey so i'm open to offers and suggestions. However, I will not trade bananas for bananas even if i'm only a monkey.

Only joking, in all seriousness, it feels weird returning to somewhere that I haven't been to since I was at least 19, maybe even younger. Anyway, things are going much better now, more so than I ever thought was possible. I'm currently studying Anthropology at University, as a Foundation student... I'm starting late but at least I'm starting. I'm not really sure why I'm back to tell the truth. I guess I think that in someway self-development involves returning to certain areas in your life and seeing them from a different perspective, which is certainly what I have now.

Anyway, I'm not really looking to vent about things or anything while i'm here, though at least not right away, I certainly don't have time for that now what with being in the final semester of the year.

I'm mainly here just to talk with old friends and make new friends, as well as lend a helping hand wherever I can. So please, old and new, feel free to say 'hi' and i'll give you a grand 'hi' back.

Also, I just wanted to say something for those who have been depressed, or who have had life trip them over on multiple occasions, since their teenage years, it does get better. It did for me, and I hope it does for all of you too.

So, I will now leave with you a summary of my experiences at university through the use of some novel emoticons that I found...

:book: "Damn, I really have to finish taking notes from this book... Oh wait, what's that?" :distracted: :juggle: ... "Oh right... it's just someone juggling, ok back to studying..." :stupid:

"This paper is due tomorrow! Type type type!" :typing: ... "but why study when I could be doing this!" :dancing: :very_drunk: ... "Oops."

Also, I've never known it to do so much of this :rain: :windy: and this is England... geez.

Back to work! :sleeping_tiger:

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi Odus i remember you it is good to hear that you are doing so much better now back to getting that paper done right lol HOpe you get it done quickly

3. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Hi, and welcome back!! I'm glad you've been able to return on a positive note. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.