what was your dream job before being ill

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by LILICHIPIE, Jan 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LILICHIPIE

LILICHIPIE Well-Known Member

As for me, i had passed pre law school for 2 years
    I was at the time depressed but bipolar hallucinations and sudden severe depression episodes won over this
    I dreamt about being a penal lawyer but the depression got over this

Now I almost left college; business related field; because most all of too much anxiety depression and suicide and I simply havent chosen my studies
    and I end up with nothing now

Having a job isnt evrything but still cant help thinking that so many dreams have been shattered becaus eof illness and constant suicide attitudes and moods

same with relationships love relationships and alcohol related problems

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2008
  2. Ruby

Ruby Well-Known Member

I want(ed) to become a Doctor - an anaesthetist to be exact.

3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

a forensic psychologist

4. Crue-K

Crue-K Well-Known Member

Member of a self sufficient commune.

5. MrA

MrA Active Member

First a fireman when I was a child :biggrin:
    Then a customs - officer (well, I tried to apply 2 times but no chance)

Now I'm an undustrial clerk!

Today almost nobody can grab his dream job.. this has nothing to do with being ill

6. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

photographer!

i'm pretty unwell right now... but still a photographer! sold 14 photos yesterday, including 3 to a collector in los angeles. woo hoo! i'm taking my portfolio down for a bit 'cos i cannot handle the pressure at the moment but it's pretty cool that strangers want to buy my photos...

catherine

7. Manic!

Manic! Well-Known Member

Guitarist.

I can play but only when my wrists are okay...
    I guess that's an upside of the protective parents,,
    means I can still play.

8. rwillson

rwillson Well-Known Member

Graphic Designer/Fine Art Printmaker... was the rising star at my college even if i was crazy (half my teachers nominated me for scholarships, the other half tried to get me expelled). was just starting to build a good client base, making connections when i lost it and was diagnosed (working 80 plus hours a week can push a normal person over the edge, if your bipolar; good luck)...

the meds killed it, like zapping the brain, can't focus on anything long enough to create, can barely find any creativity to worth focusing on, and if i do it is no where as good as it used to be. can't physically put in the hour required for the field of work, and part time, well let me just say i have met very few people who work as designers part time. destroyed my inheritance and savings, paying for meds and treatment, had no insurance to speak of when it came to mental health (like anybody would have covered me anyway) had to pull a lot of strings to get care, and it isn't even that good of care...

really don't know where this illness is going to take me in the future, Bipolar and Borderline, on tons of meds and living a very sad and lonely existence...

guess there is no chance of me ruling the world any more, oh well i will just have to try again tomorrow night...
    (i miss watching Pinky and the Brain)...

r...

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2008
  9. rwillson

i hope this is not to blunt to say... but i could have a lot of use for one of those...

r...

10. rwillson

i hope this is not to blunt to say... but i could have a lot of use for one of those...

r...

11. hammockmonkey

hammockmonkey Well-Known Member

i'm in my dream job, its just my job doesn't meet my dreams.

12. ggg456

ggg456 Guest

I didn't ever have a dream job. I tend to float along life with vague ideas in mind...I just wanted some freedom and space to breathe first and foremost and I've got that now.

13. Jolanta

Jolanta Member & Antiquitie's Friend Staff Alumni

I was working for the Army as a civilian. I loved my job:biggrin:, working with soldiers. Had some ECT treatments. The treatments worked, but the side effects shot holes in my memory :huh: big enough to drive a bulldozer through. I couldn't remember how to do my job and was forced to retire. I don't hold any grudges :mellow: but I sure miss my job and the people I worked with and for. (Bad grammar.)

With love from Jolanta

14. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

my dream job is the one I never applied for cause I never went to college - I'd have loved to have been a surgeon. another case of hopeless-loser-ness:sad:

15. tesseract

tesseract Well-Known Member

professional scripter.

16. Twisted Sweet Lies

Twisted Sweet Lies Well-Known Member

Author and psychologist. I'm going to college next year.

17. SadDude87

SadDude87 Well-Known Member

Diplomat or professional sportsman ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.