What was your favorite cartoons as a child?

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by BeautifullyChaotic, Nov 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BeautifullyChaotic

BeautifullyChaotic Well-Known Member

Mine were dorky, Gummie Bears, Fraggle Rock, Darkwing Duck, Talespin... lol

Now, go youtube it and watch the intro for a happy time!!!
  2. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

Astro Boy
    Looney Tunes
    later Ninja Turtles
  3. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

the flintstones with fred, barney and wilma.. LOL showing my age again..
  4. therapy_fan

therapy_fan Well-Known Member

Beavis and Butthead :D
  5. Growing Pains

Growing Pains Well-Known Member

I think we all show our age a bit when we list our favorite shows growing up!

Mine was Pokemon. I guess that doesn't completely show my age as it's still on TV... but I think it would if I said I started watching it with Kanto. :tongue:

I, also, liked Sailor Moon and Dragon Ball Z. And I finally remembered a Western one I liked... The Animaniacs. Looking back, I'm not sure why but I used to love that show.
  6. Sardaukar

Sardaukar Well-Known Member

the raccoons, samurai pizza cats, freakazoid, the moomins, bucky o hare, the tick, sam and max, pinky and the brain, the dreamstone
  7. Wastingecho

Wastingecho Well-Known Member

as a child - space ghost, spiderman, fantastic four, bugs bunny, super chicken

as of now - animaniacs, freakazoid, kim possible, powerpuff girls, courage the cowardly dog, dexter's lab, fairly odd parents, avatar, foster's home for imaginary friends, Ahhh! real monsters, danny phantom... - i could go on and on

never too old for cartoons
  8. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

I used to watch the Flintstones everyday when I came home from elementary school for lunch. Jetsons was usually on right after too.
  9. TheBLA

TheBLA Well-Known Member

There are so many to list. The Flintstones, The Jetsons, Simpsons, Swat Kats, Loony Tunes, Tom and Jerry, and others I can't think of right now as I keep slowly forgetting my childhood memories. :(
  10. Xscapeply

Xscapeply Well-Known Member

^I will forever thank both of you for reminding me of The Jetsons. I've been trying to figure out what it was called for like... years D:

Hmm... Justice League, Courage the Cowardly Dog, Scooby Doo, The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy, Teen Titans, Cow and Chicken, Dexter's Laboratory, The Jetsons, Codename: Kids Next Door, Tom and Jerry, Looney Tunes, Beyblade, Pokémon, The Powerpuff Girls, Sheep In the Big City, The Flintstones, Johnny Bravo, Duel Masters, Fairly Odd Parents, Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends...

Hardly any of them air anymore, at least not in Norway... I think I'm going to cry ):
  11. the_unknown

the_unknown Banned Member

Yu Yu Hakusho and Slamdunk and of course Pokemon! I sometimes wish I never grew old... childhood days are so much fun!
  12. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Care Bears, Alvin and the Chipmunks, Smurfs, Rocky and Bullwinkle, My Little Pony
  13. losthope

losthope Well-Known Member

Popeye, Wacky Races, Sport Billy.
  14. thebadtouch

thebadtouch Member

Katie and Orbie, rugrats, Budgie the little helicopter, Arthur, hey Arnold, recess, Moana the vampire and the Cramp twins
  15. gloomy

gloomy Account Closed

I can't believe that someone actually liked this show. I can remember being about 9, having 4 channels to choose from, seeing that The Raccoons was on... and I still couldn't watch it because it was just so boring. Seriously, the most exciting thing that ever seemed to happen was that maybe they rode their bikes or something. I actually preferred fishing shows or staring at the patterns in the couch to watching that show.

My favorites: Transformers, Thundercats, and then maybe Smurfs had its moments. Transformers was the best… I actually started going back and watching the episodes online and even though it's all super formulaic, some of the episodes were actually pretty decent.

There were also some great BBC imports like Dr. Snuggles that had some pretty awesome moments like that episode where they went into the jungle and touched this giant psychedelic mushroom and kept turning into butterflies… Douglas Adams (of Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy and Dr. Who) actually wrote for that show!

Oh yeah and Jamie and The Magic Torch where he had this flashlight that could open up this portal to another dimension on his bedroom floor-- and Simon who did drawings and used to draw himself into this parallel universe of weirdness I don't really remember-- it was the inspiration for the Mike Myers character on Saturday Night Live.
  16. letmego3

letmego3 Well-Known Member

Doug, Hey arnold, rugrats, tom and jerry, wacky races....ah those were the good old days.
  17. Tmacster1

Tmacster1 Well-Known Member

Looney Tunes, Tom & Jerry, Scooby Doo - that's about it... I'm sure I had others, but those were the shows I liked. I'm a die hard Old Time Looney Tunes fan.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.