1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What was your first job?

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by cult logic, May 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

I ask partly because I'm bored and partly because I'm in the process of trying to get a job myself.

The story is that I've been prospecting an expensive lappy ($1100+) but am completely broke.

My mom has agreed to spot me the money if I get a job so I've been looking.

If all goes according to plan, I should be working at mckinnon's super butcher shop as my first job!

So what was your first job and the story behind it?

PS- if you can't tell things have been going good for me. :D

2. BriGuy

BriGuy Antiquities Friend

My first job was working at Thrifty Drug... I started one week scooping ice cream.. then moved to stock for a week... then cashier for a few months. Pretty soon I was the DMC, data merchandise coordinator... fancy title for all the store ordering, price changes, new shelf setups, etc. I actually liked it!

And Brandon, I am SO HAPPY to hear things are going well for you!! :biggrin: And I am really glad you are AROUND to see these good changes!! Good luck on the job!!

3. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Menno's Sausage. I made sausage. Lots of sausage. 8 tons of sausage, completely by hand. So much meat... Also, serious plantar fasciitis. It was AWFUL. I couldn't sit up at the end of the day because the soles of my feet would be touching the ground.

4. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

I detasseled corn in Illinois at 14. It was hell, I don't know how farmers do it.

5. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

They don't. They hire 14 year old kids :p

6. thedeafmusician

thedeafmusician Staff Alumni

I'm a Math/English tutor, for kids in primary school up til about Year 9 or 10. It's quite fun, because I like working with people, and teaching kids is always cute. And, the pay isn't too shabby either... even though I don't charge too much because I'm not too old myself.

TDM

7. ~Tosh~

~Tosh~ Forum Buddy

i started out working in a kitchen waitressing and washing up.. then lost that job cos the kitchen shut...
    then i was a chambermaid.. lost that job too... :dry:

now im a coastguard whooooop :biggrin:

8. $MyName

$MyName Well-Known Member

Beta tester.

9. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

Well done! Glad to hear things are going well for you! :)

My first job was at McDonalds - it was one of those situations where I had tried to get a 'good' job and failed (okay good at that time meant somewhere cool, like an arcade or a record store. haha) I worked there for 3 months and then got a job at Virgin Megastore.

I have never handed in my resignation so quickly!!!

10. BioHomocide

BioHomocide Well-Known Member

I did customer service at a home improvement store.

11. flowerpot

flowerpot Well-Known Member

First proper job was in a bakery.. & i'm still there, well once a week or so

12. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

I worked for Boots :yawn:

13. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

i worked for new look clothing store. lasted 9 months longest job i heald down

14. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Retail :bash:

15. plates

plates Well-Known Member

take care of my sister, take care of others feelings rather than my own , jump in between people fighting in the house :rolleyes: fix my family in 2006, carry all their emotional burdens, neglect myself and what i need from others

16. Mandy1

Mandy1 Antiquities Friend & Senior Member

Meat packer in factory.

17. wibble

wibble Well-Known Member

I packed quorn in a factory. Lets just say theres a reason its high in protein :wink:

18. The_8th_Wonder

The_8th_Wonder senior Member

I've actually never had a job and with this economy and because I have no car I can't get one. :blink:

19. shades

shades Staff Alumni

Stocked shelves at some fancy schmancy crystal shop. Guess how I lost that job!:oops: Dropped one! A whole carton I mean!

20. saraa

saraa Member

KFC. worst job ever.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.