What was your first job?

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by cult logic, May 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

I ask partly because I'm bored and partly because I'm in the process of trying to get a job myself.

The story is that I've been prospecting an expensive lappy ($1100+) but am completely broke.

My mom has agreed to spot me the money if I get a job so I've been looking.

If all goes according to plan, I should be working at mckinnon's super butcher shop as my first job!

So what was your first job and the story behind it?

PS- if you can't tell things have been going good for me. :D

2. BriGuy

BriGuy Antiquities Friend

My first job was working at Thrifty Drug... I started one week scooping ice cream.. then moved to stock for a week... then cashier for a few months. Pretty soon I was the DMC, data merchandise coordinator... fancy title for all the store ordering, price changes, new shelf setups, etc. I actually liked it!

And Brandon, I am SO HAPPY to hear things are going well for you!! :biggrin: And I am really glad you are AROUND to see these good changes!! Good luck on the job!!

3. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Menno's Sausage. I made sausage. Lots of sausage. 8 tons of sausage, completely by hand. So much meat... Also, serious plantar fasciitis. It was AWFUL. I couldn't sit up at the end of the day because the soles of my feet would be touching the ground.

4. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

I detasseled corn in Illinois at 14. It was hell, I don't know how farmers do it.

5. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

They don't. They hire 14 year old kids :p

6. thedeafmusician

thedeafmusician Staff Alumni

I'm a Math/English tutor, for kids in primary school up til about Year 9 or 10. It's quite fun, because I like working with people, and teaching kids is always cute. And, the pay isn't too shabby either... even though I don't charge too much because I'm not too old myself.

TDM

7. ~Tosh~

~Tosh~ Forum Buddy

i started out working in a kitchen waitressing and washing up.. then lost that job cos the kitchen shut...
    then i was a chambermaid.. lost that job too... :dry:

now im a coastguard whooooop :biggrin:

8. $MyName

$MyName Well-Known Member

Beta tester.

9. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

Well done! Glad to hear things are going well for you! :)

My first job was at McDonalds - it was one of those situations where I had tried to get a 'good' job and failed (okay good at that time meant somewhere cool, like an arcade or a record store. haha) I worked there for 3 months and then got a job at Virgin Megastore.

I have never handed in my resignation so quickly!!!

10. BioHomocide

BioHomocide Well-Known Member

I did customer service at a home improvement store.

11. flowerpot

flowerpot Well-Known Member

First proper job was in a bakery.. & i'm still there, well once a week or so

12. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

I worked for Boots :yawn:

13. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

i worked for new look clothing store. lasted 9 months longest job i heald down

14. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

Retail :bash:

15. plates

plates Well-Known Member

take care of my sister, take care of others feelings rather than my own , jump in between people fighting in the house :rolleyes: fix my family in 2006, carry all their emotional burdens, neglect myself and what i need from others

16. Mandy1

Mandy1 Antiquities Friend & Senior Member

Meat packer in factory.

17. wibble

wibble Well-Known Member

I packed quorn in a factory. Lets just say theres a reason its high in protein :wink:

18. The_8th_Wonder

The_8th_Wonder senior Member

I've actually never had a job and with this economy and because I have no car I can't get one. :blink:

19. shades

shades Staff Alumni

Stocked shelves at some fancy schmancy crystal shop. Guess how I lost that job!:oops: Dropped one! A whole carton I mean!

20. saraa

saraa Member

KFC. worst job ever.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.