What we all need in our life?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by touglytobeloved, Apr 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. touglytobeloved

touglytobeloved Well-Known Member

Life can be beautiful. And what we need in our life to be happy? We dont need much. All we need is a home, a house with a TV, radio, chairs and a desk, clothes, and a warm bed. All we need is a cat and a dog to care about, and friends and relatives. And someone with who can share all of this and have children. Someone who can love us as much as we love him. Someone with who we can go for a walk, to take his/her hand, to share all we have with her/him.
    I have seen a lot of happy people in my life. And also people who pretend they are happy, and unhappy people. But they all have someone with who can share their happiness and their sorrow. Sharing is all we need. To try to make someone else to be happy, to know that you love someone, and to know that he/she loves you to.
    And yeah, we need money. But why do we need money? I think we all know the answer. We need money to buy a house, furniture, car, and food. We need money to go on a holiday, to spend a few days in happiness with our loved ones.
    Actually people dont need much to be happy. And do not try to make a lot money, and waste your life on something that can take you away from your loved ones. Yeah, you need money, but you also need someone to share that money with.
    At the end, love is all we need. Without love , we do not need money. And why would we? What can you do with money? Yeah, you can buy a clock, but not time, you can buy a book, but not knowledge, you can buy sex, but not love... You can keep the money in a safe place, but if you are not able to spend them on things that can make you happy, why do you need them? Its only a piece of paper, nothing more.
    And love... Love can make you happy. Any kind of love, but especially her/his love. Every hand needs another hand. Every soul needs a soul to be with. Things goes in pair. Life works that way, in a pair. The heart can not tick alone. It needs another heart.
    Everyone can be happy. But he needs someone who can show him the road to the happiness. And we all spend our life in search for that someone, in search for that special person, in search for our soulmate. I hope we will all find that someone. Only then we can be trully happy...

2. SadDude87

SadDude87 Well-Known Member

You seem to place a lot of weight on love, and I agree with you ... I would go as far as saying it is a human need, not a human want.

But the romantic love you are talking about is usually temporary. I (think) I've had it. I've seen many people have it. And it never lasts. The only reason love used to last was that society pressured couples to stay together no matter what. So the everlasting love was really an illusion. It took work to stay together! These days, the divorce rate is astronomical. It has been proven that the chemicals which make us feel romantic love only last about 3 years ... then greatly diminish. So like I said, 'love' takes work. And when society doesn't place any pressure on couples to stay together .. once the love is gone, why would they? Especially if they have no child.

I wouldn't put so must trust in romantic love, and assume that it will automatically bring happiness.

The only love for most which ever seems to last is the love between family, especially siblings.

3. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I hope you are able to find those things that you feel will make you happy. It really isn't asking for much. :hug:

4. man

man Well-Known Member

I agree with you 100% on the money thing, its something I struggle with so much. Sometimes I feel like trying to make as much of it as I can so I can pass it on when I die in hopes someone wiser will maker better use of it, sometimes I feel like making just what I need to survive comfortably, sometimes when I get real down I feel like tearing away and never looking back... But then again few people to share life with once your out there hitc-hiking and sleeping on the beach. In the end money is just paper but if you look at it everything is just "paper" our mind just makes us feel good about it because we have been wired to think are surviving great when we are rich, in my experince when something crazy happens like a car crash, fist fight, sliping on a mountain, any extreem survival experince when you walk away safe, and this is just me (not trying to say geting in car crashes or fighting makes you feel beter) but I feel dam calm and good when I make it out in ok condition. As far as the love thing goes I have never been in more thean a one night stand with someone I never see again, sometimes I feel like you that I wish I could find someone to share life with for a bit longer thean a night. But then I realize that since I have never had a relationship like that its probably not as good as it seems in my head. Anywasy ive gone and rambeled my way long enough, sorry...

5. Aleth

Aleth Well-Known Member

Romantic love can also turn into loving companionship. I think its important to find that in life. Many happy couples I've seen have a very close friendship and devoted loyalty.

6. touglytobeloved

Exactly. love is to be prepared to give and take what is given to you. And in a time, love turns into a friendship. And the children a here. And theres the love about them, a common love. So, i think, when you already find it, other things will come in a time, you just have to be patient, and to try to keep that love, Its not hard.

7. touglytobeloved

But also i know about situation, and i know it is sad, but sometimes, things dont go as we want them to go. You have to be happy because you have had someone, once, even if it was short, and i dont remember if you said you have children now, a product of your love. Thats not nothing, thats everything.

8. pit

pit Well-Known Member

My search for a soulmate extends outside the human race. Dogs, cats, rats, hamsters, even insects will do.

To love - not to fuck - silly!

9. touglytobeloved

Once I thought money is everything. It was a long time ago. I though, with money you can achieve everything. But i was imature and young. Life thought me its not that easy. Ofcourse, if you have a lot money, they will bring you power, and people will like you and love you, but not because of you, but because of your money. And its not a true love.

10. LastCrusade

LastCrusade Well-Known Member

i used to think love is the greatest thing in the world but i've come to realize that hope is equally important and without money, life full of uncertainty and fear.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.