what were you like before depression?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by oncevibrant, Sep 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oncevibrant

oncevibrant New Member

I used to be fun,outgoing, whitty,passionate,and full of life. I loved music, fashion, friends,parties,etc. I am 22 and after a traumatic sequence of events,I have become completely depressed and withdrawn. I have been this way for a year now and don't think i will ever get myself back.I don't enjoy anything that i used to; not music, not fashion, and certainly not social situations.I feel completely numb...has anyone else experienced anything like this? What were you like before you were depressed? How long have you been depressed for?
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I was very helpful kind i never ever thought i would sit here and feel pain for me I was just not that way I always cared for people now i seem to have no control I always had control and laughed and kept everyone and thing light and happy. ever since my daughters attemptsssssss i have gone down hill as i am not able to help her she just does not want it right now.
  3. Menchi

Menchi Well-Known Member

When i was young... well to be honest i was very smart, creative, clumsy and not particularly great at physical activities, but always able to get involved, did well enough with talking to people, making friends and stuff. Was never too boisterous, pretty mature as a youngster, but still had a good bit of fun, and a generally normal life.

There wasn't a single point that started it, but my father managed to slowly but surely chip away every single bit of confidence i had in myself, and now i always feel trapped... like there is a much better me waiting to come out, but it can't, and maybe it never will.
  4. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

I've always been depressed. It wasn't too bad when I was younger but after 16 years of raising a raging child, the wind has been knocked out of my sails, so to speak.
  5. depleted_soul

depleted_soul Well-Known Member

I've been depressed since I was a child. Before it got really bad I was shy, withdrawn, and awkward. It's all been downhill from there...
  6. necrodude

necrodude Well-Known Member

it was a long time ago... but i was a bright kid with a promising future... now, though...
  7. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

As a little child I was happy, full of life and social. Then in 2nd grade something happened... I became shy and introverted. I always had a stomach ache but we never knew why until I was hospitalized for it- the fact that the docs never found anything physical made them suspicious and they sent me to a shrink. I was depressed, simply.

I miss early childhood. I want to be happy and live life again... Sometimes it makes me cry.
  8. Angelo_91

Angelo_91 Well-Known Member

9. eduardo

eduardo Active Member

i cant ever remember
  10. 12years

12years Well-Known Member

Shallow and stupid, last I checked.
  11. perry_mason

perry_mason Well-Known Member

i cnat relally rmememmber so im goignto say i was pretyyt awesome! lol!

i used to be gwenerous with mymoney sthough oso lots of peoplellikeed me thyen which was awesome.
  12. SAVE_ME

SAVE_ME Well-Known Member

Wasn't as withdrawn and pessimistic as I am now. I actually had friends. Knew how to smile. Loved to draw, took up karate lessons....then one day everything just sorta stood still, and I could no longer see the point in anything anymore.
  13. bubblin girl

bubblin girl Well-Known Member

im unhappy since i born..so i donno:sad:
  14. warwithlife16

warwithlife16 Active Member

Just talkin about it makes me even more depressed. I was outgoing, I was LOUD & FUN, I wasn't paranoid when I was around ppl (Not that I am now but I am just a BIT). I was always the guy people called when they were bored or when they wanted to have fun, I was always the "drunkie". I was just a happy person who enjoyed my young life. Now its all gone ... I sacrificed all my friends for this one false love, and everything is gone now, I have no friends no girlfriend (she backstabbed me) and all I do is stay home thinking about what went wrong, and where, and how and just a whole lot of other B.S. I took a semester off college due to the pain which I believe was a HUGEE mistake. Now its too late to register and I have to wait till january.
  15. SuicideIsTheWrongOption

SuicideIsTheWrongOption Well-Known Member

in a word...interesting.

Now i'm slowly working back into it. But...i'm not even close to being what i once was. But progress is better than where i was just one month ago.
  16. grinded serenity

grinded serenity Well-Known Member

i enjoyed working out, i was good with my parents and i was doing good in school.. i was a "brilliant" artist, a good boxer (training).
  17. klodo

klodo Well-Known Member

My depression has resulted entirely from my redundancy after the only job I have ever known after 20 years. Before that I was still a strange loner weirdo nutcase. Probably the shyest kid in my school, never had a GF, very few friends, barely ever left the house. Strange really that I was not far more depressed before.
  18. hollow_death

hollow_death Member

Happy, carefree, compassionate, full of energy and I used to talk others out of their blues.. But now, look at me, is so totally different. I can't even smile like I really mean it.. Everything just look so bleak and sad.. Lot's of grey.. Can't remember when's the last time I'm that happy..
  19. TWF

TWF Well-Known Member

I cant remember, I've been depressed ever since I was just a lower school kid. I do remember in my earlier days I used to be somewhat rebellious and anti social, I was the angry loner who only had a few good close friends. Well, I had quite a few friends because we were kids but still I was rebelious as hell and loner like...
  20. Remedy

Remedy Chat & Forum Buddy

Loud, social and oblivious. You'd find that hard to imagine if you knew me now.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.