What will happen to me?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Tiger, Apr 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tiger

Tiger Well-Known Member

I want to get help because of my suicidal thoughts. But whenever I mention feeling suicidal nobody thinks I will actually go through with it. This time I have a plan so I should really tell somebody before its too late. But they'll just tell my parents and that will be that. If not then I'm scared. I'm scared that they'll put me in some kind of mentally ill hospital or something and I'm not sure I like the sound of that. At all. What will people think of me? I'll miss so much school. I'll mess up so much.

But I'm truly serious about this suicide attempt and when it gets to the day - will I pull through or give in? Because its not like being dead won't mess up everything anymore than getting help will. Does anyone know what will happen if I tell somebody about this? I'm so scared and I feel so alone with these feelings. I know my time is running out but while I'm in an okay place I don't want Tiger to end it early. I don't want to die but I'm being pushed into it by other sides of me. It feels like I'm being bullied by my own different ghosts. I don't know what to do.

2. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

Tell someone, don't worry about school or what people will think. You can probably get extensions for school. If you feel like you are really in crisis, you need to reach out for help, whether that means telling someone or calling a crisis line or going to the hospital.

sa-chan likes this.
  3. ThePhantomLady

ThePhantomLady Safety and Support SF Supporter

Please don't hesitate to reach out and tell someone what is going on. I know and understand the fear of 'what would happen?' but one thing to remember is that one thing that will happen is that you will be helped to get better. And that is what you deserve to happen.

Unless you are an immediate danger to yourself or others you would never be admitted anywhere without your consent or wish. So there is no worries about that.

I can't tell you exactly what will happen to you because it depends on your situation, but nothing scary will. I can promise you as much. You will be in safe hands and maybe if you need to spend the night somewhere then they will take good care of you. If you should miss out on school you can, as kcho said get an extension there.

Please get yourself the help you need before it's too late. Life can be worth living if you allow yourself, and sometimes you need a little help to get there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.