What words or actions would make you not try it

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by BornAgain, Oct 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BornAgain

BornAgain Well-Known Member

Right before I tried to kill myself, I didn't tell anybody I was going to do it, because if they told me any of this I would have never done it:

-how devastating it would be for my children.
    -how much they loved me.
    -that they wouldn't ever forgive me if I did it.

Now, I didn't know about this forum, if I did I would have being convinced to not do it for sure, now, I love that a lot of you are here telling us what your plans are and how bad you are feeling and even though you don't see it that way, you are dying for someone to help you, if only you could hear the right words, what would those be?, please share, maybe it will help us save you or save others.
  2. Landlocked blues

Landlocked blues Well-Known Member

What stops me is that the last time i tried and my husband came to the hospital, he said, looking down at me, "if you go, il have nothing, i would probably follow you". As much as i want to die, those words are what stops me.
  3. Helba

Helba Member

What has stopped me, is all of the past women in my life.
    Every single one of them has hurt me in ways I can not even come close to describing. So I continue searching for one that won't, then maybe the poison my heart has turned to won't be as strong. That is for a future item to address though.
  4. Madam Mim

Madam Mim Well-Known Member

Sadly, it's quite simple. I just want someone who actually loves me to hold me and tell me that they'll help me through this.

5. AnotherFallenStar

AnotherFallenStar Well-Known Member

My best friend, everything she does for me. She really does so much... how could I possibly do that to her? I always tell her that she's the only reason I'm still alive. Which is true. If she weren't here I would of gone through with suicide long ago.
  6. perry_mason

perry_mason Well-Known Member

ive tried it and i dont think there are any words or actions that can really stop you if you want it.

as i was passing out i thought of a person and how much i love them but also how much they upset me.

there was all this conflicting emotion but at the end of it, if i would hav e never woken up at the end of it, i would have still been ok with all those thoughts both good and bad because that was just how it was,
  7. may71

may71 Well-Known Member

oh, I love you and I'll try to help you through it! Can't hold you via the computer though, smiley hugs?

:hug: :console:
  8. Madam Mim

Madam Mim Well-Known Member

Thank you, that's really sweet and made me cry.

9. may71

may71 Well-Known Member

10. Confusticated

Confusticated Well-Known Member

I don't actually want to.. I just feel suicidal. So my own will power right now, and there's nothing stronger than that mofo!
  11. may71

may71 Well-Known Member

right on!!!!!!!
  12. Borrowed time*

Borrowed time* Well-Known Member

Knowing i would be leaving my dog alone stopped me last week, she isnt very well at the moment so im quite worried:sad:
    She kept me alive but i also know when she is gone i will follow.
  13. Jandy

Jandy New Member

The simple thoughts of leaving my two babies. That is about the only thing that keeps me from downing pills or some other out. I hate living in this world, being depressed all the time, not having any real reasons to do anything every day, and just wishing each day was already over the second I wake up in the morning...But thinking of my two children keeps me from sleeping forever.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.