What would happen if your parents saw you on this site?

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by boo, Nov 4, 2010.

What would happen if your parents saw you on this site?

1. They wouldn't care one bit.

2. Be suspicious and walk away.

3. Tell me to get off the computer or ask why I'm on this site.

4. Parents don't live with me anymore.

5. They would freak out.

6. They would burn my pc.

7. They would ask you to do your homework first.

8. They would install a program to block the site.

9. They would contact Alison, and slap ther hand.

10. Others (please specify)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boo

boo Well-Known Member

I'm sure lots of you make sure no one ever see you log in to this site. But hey, shit happens! What if your parents or someone you know caught you lurking on this site?

Good thing my parents live upstairs. But they would prolly get another court order to commit my butt.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2010
  2. flyingdutchmen

flyingdutchmen Well-Known Member

they would put Boo on ignore
  3. Withdrawn

Withdrawn Well-Known Member

They would freak out, and then let me see a psychologist.
  4. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

WEll I don't live with my parents anymore but since my mom did have me put into a Pysch ward about 10 years ago when I was 16 she likely wouldn't be surprised at all and would ignore it.
  5. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Honestly I think they'd be sympathetic, but I don't live with them anymore.
  6. alison

alison Well-Known Member

They would freak out to eachother but not mention anything to me. They would devise a plan so that someone was with me at all times, and essentially babysit me. They would tag along to my next therapy appointment and cry the whole time.

They've never caught me on any suicide/depression websites, but they have found things like drugs or my therapy diary cards and freaked out in the above manner. Honestly, in retrospect its nice that they care. But when its actually happening -- there is ntohing more uncomfortable than sitting in therapy with both parents crying. lol!
  7. Speedy

Speedy Staff Alumni

They would freak out and confront me about it immediately.
  8. Black_Rose

Black_Rose Active Member

Other: They would tell me to stop talking myself into things. They would say that I'm not allowed to be depressed
  9. Borrowed time*

Borrowed time* Well-Known Member

My mum would ask me when i was going to do it so she could start moving my things out of my room.
    My Dad would tell me to stop being silly then start talking about one of my other siblings in blissful ignorance
  10. PollyAnna

PollyAnna Account Closed

they're aware, but they don't care.
  11. non-existent

non-existent Active Member

They would say "I know you're in forums" and say I was suicidal because I read such things on the internet. They also say I self harm cause I've read about it (I started to self harm at the age of 7).

Also, my mother thinks I will get healthy again, well I'll be disabled for life, but who needs to believe what all doctors would tell her.... Last week she said "And next year you will drive to the sea with me, I'll show you [her favourite place when she was younger] and you'll eat ice cream at the beach." I said nothing as I know this situation. Just told her she was always allowed to go on holiday, we had enough money and there were several women who would likely go with her if she asked. She said "So I will never see this place again cause you don't want to come with me" in the voice of a little girl. She knows I'm suicidal, and she just told me I was going to be fine again and she couldn't live without me. So I promised to stay with her. She thinks I don't want to get fine... She even said I was not healthy again cause I had thought about suicide (nobody has ever recovered so...).

Well that's all about my mother. My father would say I shouldn't think about suicide. I would explain him it was a support forum not a pro forum or something like that, and I was here to keep myself from suicide when I feel bad. Think he'd accept that.
  12. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

They'd probly tell me to get off the computer and ask why I was on this site. That and they'd probly freak out :laugh:.

In the end, I don't have the best idea of what would happen if they found me on a site called 'Suicide Forum'......they might just jump to conclusions, lol.
  13. 1izombie

1izombie Well-Known Member

I dont live with my parents but they really dont know much about the interwebs and such (my dad does use a computer and cant even work a mouse) so I would be able to tell them some excuse that this site is something its not and they would probably believe me...
  14. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

Don't live at home but they'd probably just ask me if i was alright and ask when my next psych appointment was.
  15. Pebble

Pebble Well-Known Member

They would ban me from using a computer without them seeing what I'm doing and going on first
  16. Juliaa

Juliaa Well-Known Member

they would freak out because they don't think i'm depressed/suicidal anymore.
  17. houseofcards

houseofcards Well-Known Member

my dad would probably raise hell, but my mom would be happy that i'm actually visiting here instead of killing myself.
  18. MiraWolf95

MiraWolf95 Account Closed

My mother knows I'm on this site now and she said as long as this site helps me, shes fine. My father doesn't care, he doesn't live with me. Me and him are exactly alike so he understands.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.