What would make you change your mind?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What would make you change your mind about your suicide intentions?

Mine would be:
- Lifting of the depression as to the point that I could live a relatively normal life including such things as work, husband, friends and the absence of too much shit in my life. Nothing too fancy. The 'ordinary' rather boring things in life already sound like heaven to me.

numberman

Sometimes depression can be triggered by unrealisitic expectations not coming to fruition,I know i've been there so believe me to simply hanker after the "ordinary" things in life is one of the simplest things that you can do

Tell this forum what makes and keeps you depressed and we will see what we can do

Stay safe

DayOn

Being born again as a different person in a whole different life, or suddenly becoming rich after completely destroying those whom I dislike and all those who know me and my situation. <mod edit: bunny - graphic violence> Then, and only then will I be completely satisfied.

Well another way besides all that is to find God and to let go of the past. Chances are little to none that I will succeed in this.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't agree with the fact that someone with a depression always has an unrealistic outlook on life. It can be so but often depression can also be largely a chronic genetic problem which simply cannot be fixed and can cause to ruin a person's whole life with no prospect of a cure in the future.

Ironically, I believe that in the case where people can be cured that their cause of depression is a too realistic outlook on life. Society is tough, shallow and manipulative and those who get depressed often cannot handle this way of life; they long for love, friendship, equality and a fair treatment by the people they meet. All very noble goals but the world (especially the work environment) is often a bit harder than that.

R

RySp123

Once you've been called out, you've got two choices: 1. Wait for it or 2. Beat it in timing.

Make a difference between calling out or being called out.

Mew

The knowledge that somewhere down the line, there really is a better tomorrow. Life sucks now I can live with, life will continue to suck until I pull the trigger is what makes it unbearable. Course this won't happen :dry:

JobForAVictim

Honestly?
I think I would change my mind if I found a place I comfortably belonged. I doubt that my mental illness will ever be "cured," though it may perhaps be helped by medication and therapy. I've struggled along for this long, so I could probably keep struggling if I just found a reason. If I ever found a place where I was loved and needed, where I really had a purpose for my life, that would probably be a good enough reason.

Take care.

I have found a place I belong, the one place and this is within this forum as a whole. SF keeps me going when I read there are many like minded people like myself not just in the UK but in the US as well. Perhaps being born and living in countries of affluence is a major downfall.

After all many of us start off extremely depressed with not being like our peers, as successful as our friends and family. Being left behind in the rat race, we feel pushed aside, outcasted, angry at ourselves for not being strong enough to get back up from so many knock downs we have taken in life.

Why get up again? Will it be different to the many other times we have tried to make a go out of our lives? Not likely. There are winners in life and their are losers, the balance must be maintain. Although many of us feel different to be casted as losers, we would rather die.

It's easy to be told but others how it's going to change and get better? Do they know our personal circumstances to make that assumption? No. I'm weak and sensitive now compared to who I was years 7 years ago. My mind tears at me every day and night. Venom against myself life Vs death. This site gives me an extra bit of strength for life just so I can talk to others in the same situation as me. But time is running out I feel for me.

saeyoon Chung

I wish I were.. taller, better looking and had a magnetic personality.

disheartened by 'unrealistic expectation not coming to fruition' huh?? Well yeah.. but I can't stop dreaming...

'The icing on the cake' is when you start thinking about the past and go 'I wish I could have done this and that.' Then.. it gets out of control..

EmptyLife

Society is tough, shallow and manipulative and those who get depressed often cannot handle this way of life; they long for love, friendship, equality and a fair treatment by the people they meet.
Wow, that was very well put.
The thread question makes me wonder if external factors would change how I feel, or if internal factors -- whatever are the neurological causes of depression -- would always superseded those.
I always hope external factors would change things. Since I have a miserable, nonloving, cold family, I always hope if I could find a nurturing, loving circle of people, that's all I would need in life. I would give up any achievement goals if I could have that. But in alienating, selfish Western society, I don't know how you find that. Maybe that's why people join cults.

Interesting question by empty life, worth thinking about. I find that internal factors can be dominant but that if good things come into your life your thoughts become less aggressive, more cheerful and you will get more confidence. So yes I would say that depression will always be prominent but can ease up when good things/people come into your life.

Just as you I have a distant, cold, manipulative family. Ironically the stigma attached to depression and the absence of not having a job as a result of it can make you even more isolated. The people I do tend to attract are horrible to get along with and just use me because they think; 'she doesn't have anything/anyone I can just exploit that.' One guy just even said so to my face; 'but a normal person would not get involved with a girl like you, so what do you expect: Mr. Nice Guy?' In between those two groups you'll find some gentle people but they're so busy with their families that, although I value their friendship, I do not get to see them often. Bitter loneliness is a result of this situation and, although I try very hard, I find I can only do little to change that.

I used to believe in this whole 'you make your own happiness concept' that the world embraces (and which so many psychologists try to force down your throat), but I only partly believe in it now. True if you don't go out or do anything your situation won't change. But happiness is for a large part also based on just sheer luck of being born into the right family, be gifted with a normal brain and the right genes, things you simply cannot influence. And judging by most posts in this forum; we were not the group of people who were that lucky.

I keep trying to be positive, but with a genetic and chronic predisposition to depression and other mental illnesses I find that it's taking all my energy to hang on to this thing I'm just not very good at - it's called life.

A girl. I have gone 25 years without ever having a girlfriend, while these fucking assholes have had an abundance of girls in their lives. I hope I get to haunt them after I die.

I guess its to understand what its truly like to be loved. All my life, I can only imagine and fantasize of what love is cause I never have a chance to feel loved for real. I can't imagine how I ever lived, knowing that I have never felt love before and yet there are so many depressed and suicidal people out there in spite of them having a loving and supportive family. Its harsh just living this life and dealing with reality. I still can't understand why should I still live actually, knowing that love is something I probably will never understand. But I guess I am still afraid to die, for the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00