1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What would make you stop considering about suicide?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by LastCrusade, Feb 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LastCrusade

LastCrusade Well-Known Member

Assuming that the past is past and that you cannot change your past anymore but to move forward?

For me, I dont really know cos I'm disgusted at this world.

what about you guys?

2. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I don't think anything would change my mind set about suicide ideations because they are deep rooted from the age of 13 to now at age of 52...~Joseph~

3. LastCrusade

wow. you managed to persevere so long. you could be everybody's hero here.

4. snowraven

snowraven Well-Known Member

Getting access to my daughter again would be a big help.

Joseph is definately a hero. A great example to us all.

5. Starlite

Starlite Senior Member

I have endured these suicidal thoughts now for 19 years, it has been a true roller coaster ride. Putting the past aside, I don't think it would make much difference to me.

6. shazzer

shazzer Well-Known Member

I've had suicidal thoughts as long as I can remember I don't think I would ever get to a place where I didn't think about suicide at all.

7. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Dunno. I'd need to be happy and have reason to believe I would continue to be happy in the future.

8. Multiple Man

Multiple Man Well-Known Member

If I could be loved.

9. LastCrusade

why can't you be loved?

10. Ediciussievol

Ediciussievol Well-Known Member

I would say to get a job and to hold it. To have my family back again. To be what I was proud of being: Husband, father, and friend.

11. LastCrusade

lots of my friends from Australia and England moved over to Thailand and other South East Asian countries to earn a living after they lost their jobs in their countries. The cost of living in these countries are trivial and the people there are english-speaking. Why not try to look for a job in Asia? You can earn a very decent living there and live life like a KING there for a song. Ever considered such option? You'd be able to live to fight another day.

12. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

I could have said those exact same words, except substitute job for a reliable car.

13. Aaron

Aaron Well-Known Member

A 2 million pound lotto win...:wink:

14. Epical Taylz

Epical Taylz Well-Known Member

something that stops my thought of suicide would be... i guess my hamster. i know that she'd be lost without her mommy :wub:
    i really dont have anything else that would change my mind, my friends and family have all hurt me emotionally one way or another. ive been dealing with being suicidal for a year without any medication. i really dont see a point in it improving.

15. LastCrusade

perhaps you can try rearing a puppy. it's man's best friend. will love you no mattter who u are. will always be there for you. does not judge. can spend his/her entire life with you. will lay its life down for you. will cuddle up to you and lick you. they dont call it a man's best friend for nothing and dogs are what most lonely people need. Try one!

16. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

I first tried to kill myself at nine. At twenty-five things haven't gotten much better. Though I have more mistakes now. I don't have anything really, except guilt over hurting family and friends.

Though tons of people have killed themselves in my family. So why not? I used to think I'd wait until I created a good writing portfolio...but now...ehhh:dry:

17. mdmefontaine

mdmefontaine Antiquities Friend

....my children '''stop''' me everyday. they don't know it, of course. their very existence means i have to somehow, go forward, even when it is so horribly black i can't see a way up or out.

...i can not ever take my self away from them - and damage them forever.

which makes the struggle unbearable at times, because there is no relief.
    (maybe one day......)

18. mdmefontaine

mdmefontaine Antiquities Friend

.....and yeah.....joseph is MY hero too! :smile:

19. Pioneer

Pioneer Well-Known Member

I want to kill that person. That person who ruins my life. Not just ignore him but to get rid of him completely. He is a part of me that I don't want. He holds me back everyday. I just want to get rid of a part of me thats destroying me. Even if it means my death I will kill that person inside. The mental strain of fighting him is unbearable. Sometimes he wins sometimes I win. But if I can get rid of him once and for all then my life will improve. The only problem is I think I can't get rid of him.

20. LastCrusade

who is he?:eek:hmy:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.