What would make you stop considering about suicide?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by LastCrusade, Feb 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LastCrusade

LastCrusade Well-Known Member

Assuming that the past is past and that you cannot change your past anymore but to move forward?

For me, I dont really know cos I'm disgusted at this world.

what about you guys?
  2. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I don't think anything would change my mind set about suicide ideations because they are deep rooted from the age of 13 to now at age of 52...~Joseph~
  3. LastCrusade

wow. you managed to persevere so long. you could be everybody's hero here.
  4. snowraven

snowraven Well-Known Member

Getting access to my daughter again would be a big help.

Joseph is definately a hero. A great example to us all.
  5. Starlite

Starlite Senior Member

I have endured these suicidal thoughts now for 19 years, it has been a true roller coaster ride. Putting the past aside, I don't think it would make much difference to me.
  6. shazzer

shazzer Well-Known Member

I've had suicidal thoughts as long as I can remember I don't think I would ever get to a place where I didn't think about suicide at all.
  7. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Dunno. I'd need to be happy and have reason to believe I would continue to be happy in the future.
  8. Multiple Man

Multiple Man Well-Known Member

If I could be loved.
  9. LastCrusade

why can't you be loved?
  10. Ediciussievol

Ediciussievol Well-Known Member

I would say to get a job and to hold it. To have my family back again. To be what I was proud of being: Husband, father, and friend.
  11. LastCrusade

lots of my friends from Australia and England moved over to Thailand and other South East Asian countries to earn a living after they lost their jobs in their countries. The cost of living in these countries are trivial and the people there are english-speaking. Why not try to look for a job in Asia? You can earn a very decent living there and live life like a KING there for a song. Ever considered such option? You'd be able to live to fight another day.
  12. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

I could have said those exact same words, except substitute job for a reliable car.
  13. Aaron

Aaron Well-Known Member

A 2 million pound lotto win...:wink:
  14. Epical Taylz

Epical Taylz Well-Known Member

something that stops my thought of suicide would be... i guess my hamster. i know that she'd be lost without her mommy :wub:
    i really dont have anything else that would change my mind, my friends and family have all hurt me emotionally one way or another. ive been dealing with being suicidal for a year without any medication. i really dont see a point in it improving.
  15. LastCrusade

perhaps you can try rearing a puppy. it's man's best friend. will love you no mattter who u are. will always be there for you. does not judge. can spend his/her entire life with you. will lay its life down for you. will cuddle up to you and lick you. they dont call it a man's best friend for nothing and dogs are what most lonely people need. Try one!
  16. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

I first tried to kill myself at nine. At twenty-five things haven't gotten much better. Though I have more mistakes now. I don't have anything really, except guilt over hurting family and friends.

Though tons of people have killed themselves in my family. So why not? I used to think I'd wait until I created a good writing portfolio...but now...ehhh:dry:
  17. mdmefontaine

mdmefontaine Antiquities Friend

....my children '''stop''' me everyday. they don't know it, of course. their very existence means i have to somehow, go forward, even when it is so horribly black i can't see a way up or out.

...i can not ever take my self away from them - and damage them forever.

which makes the struggle unbearable at times, because there is no relief.
    (maybe one day......)
  18. mdmefontaine

mdmefontaine Antiquities Friend

.....and yeah.....joseph is MY hero too! :smile:
  19. Pioneer

Pioneer Well-Known Member

I want to kill that person. That person who ruins my life. Not just ignore him but to get rid of him completely. He is a part of me that I don't want. He holds me back everyday. I just want to get rid of a part of me thats destroying me. Even if it means my death I will kill that person inside. The mental strain of fighting him is unbearable. Sometimes he wins sometimes I win. But if I can get rid of him once and for all then my life will improve. The only problem is I think I can't get rid of him.
  20. LastCrusade

who is he?:eek:hmy:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.