what would you do for the person you love?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by yursomedicated, Nov 11, 2009.

1. yursomedicated

yursomedicated Chat & Forum Buddy

what would you do for the person you loved?

drive across country?

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

if you are talking about my daughter i would give my life for her i would do anything.

3. NoGood

NoGood Well-Known Member

My partner came to the other side of the world for me, not just across country.

ive no idea what i would do for someone i loved. Tough one!

4. Kris.T

Kris.T Well-Known Member

I know alot of people would say it. But if I truely loved the person, I'd do anything. And I honestly mean A-N-Y-T-H-I-N-G.

5. sammakko

sammakko Banned Member

Not even wash one spoon.

6. Confusticated

Confusticated Well-Known Member

Anything. Say what you want, but nobody could name something I wouldn't do.

7. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

I would do for him what he cannot do for himself. Everything else, I leave to him to do because it builds his personal strength needed to get by in this world. I do the same with my kids.

Once, when my daughter was being mistreated in another state and I had no money, I found a way for her to get a bus ticket home. It is scary when one does not have resources when they are so badly needed.

8. HiddenTears

HiddenTears Well-Known Member

In reference to a girlfriend. I would do ANYTHING for her. Most people say they would die for someone, but it's too easy for me to say that. So I would live for her.

9. Brighid Moon

Brighid Moon Member & Antiquities Friend

In the past I have literally done anything for people I have loved. I'm killing myself right now (not literally - or perhaps literally and slowly?) for my dad whom I love, who is my primary abuser. I'm not doing it out of complete altruism, I'm not that nice, but I'm doing it. However, I've learned from past relationships that I won't put anything more into one (including friendships) than the other person is willing to put in. Its just hard for me, sometimes, to see that these "friends" are honestly not putting anything in. With age, reality has set in. Do unto others what you would have them do unto you - but for godssake don't do it if they're not doing it back. I think "turn the other cheek" doesn't mean using it to get hit again.

10. Anju

Anju Well-Known Member

Anything to keep them alive and happy.

11. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

I'd give them an organ to keep them alive.

12. snowraven

snowraven Well-Known Member

For my daughter I would die if it would save her from any harm. I would also live for her as she is the main thing that keeps me here. That's the one that gets hard at times.

13. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

I'd die for her.

14. Ordep

Ordep Well-Known Member

It's hard to say what I would do for someone, so instead I'll say the biggest lenght I ever went.

I went to see my girlfriend act at a play while I was in absolute chronic and unhealable physical pain caused by my (then) recent Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.

15. Confusticated

Confusticated Well-Known Member

I'd live for her

16. DrivEthermissIon

DrivEthermissIon Banned Member

:)

*no comment*

17. Tray

Tray Well-Known Member

I wouldnt die for her..

I got into an arguement before over this...

Its nothing complex. I wouldnt want her to die for me nor would i want to die for her. I just see it as being truly selfish to ask someone to die for me. It may be like the ultimate expression of devotion or whatever but to me it make me feel like a selfish SOB for asking someone to do that for me so in return i refuse to die as well.

18. Bubble

Bubble Well-Known Member

Ive done pretty much anything for someone i loved and it backfired because he commited suicide. So now id do what i think is right for someone but i wouldnt bend over backwards for someone because more times than not you get nothing in return.

19. Remedy

Remedy Chat & Forum Buddy

I would try to do everything in their best interest.

20. AtomicsAsylum

AtomicsAsylum Account Closed

i would die for my husband