What would you do if Jesus showed up in person at your door?

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by Aquariamethystea, Jan 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'd want him to take me to Canada.

2. mp

mp Well-Known Member

I'd want him to hug me :p

3. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

I'm originally from Canada! Even if he doesn't show up... you should go! It's beautiful.

So, what would I do? Make him a cup of tea, sit down at the table, and have a heart to heart.

4. Alastair

Alastair Well-Known Member

punch him square in the face

for allowing the church to become what it is

5. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

Have a heart attack.

6. Blackness

Blackness Guest

ditto.

then I would get him to tell us EVERYTHING!

7. Alastair

Alastair Well-Known Member

i'll hold him down, you get the pliers...

8. brokensoul98

brokensoul98 Well-Known Member

first,,hug him,,cry,,then ask one question....'WHY?"

9. Dragon

Dragon Staff Alumni

I'd probably invite him in... give him a glass of vimto or something... and ask him to read the bible and tell me how much of it we got wrong ^^;

10. 2cents

2cents Well-Known Member

this is interesting!
    for me, i would like to have a moment of his time - sit down & talk all my thoughts out.

11. I'm not 'religious' (not for a very, very long time), so I don't know why this happened... but this thread just reminded me of a dream I had once quite a few years ago (thankx...).

I was following him very close behind, on the way to the cross through narrow, unfriendly and dark stone alleys (we were alone - I was the only one with him). His suffering translated into him being nothing but utter skin and bones (I could verily see his emmaciated shape beneath the loose drape of his shabby and tattered dirty robe. I felt it when I tried to support him, hold him up). Oh, I wanted so much to protect him and to give him comfort, could feel his terrible pain, wanting to ease his suffering so badly! I remember "guiding him" to this place, this sanctuary - a cool and refreshing alcove, into a tunnel and cavern within a broad natural rock wall, draped with moss and lovely green vines. I gently and slowly brought him inside there, and I began to feed him what was available, preparing it lovingly - as if that might heal him and make him stronger, for he was SO weak. It was so poignant...(sigh)

Inconceivable that he'd show up at my door, but that thought makes me feel that all I could do would be to smile till my mouth hurt!! No questions, no words...
    (thanks again for reminding me of that dream - and thanks for letting me share)
    :smile:

Last edited: Jan 22, 2008
  12. tesseract

tesseract Well-Known Member

erm, I'd wake up, and take some aspirin, and go back to sleep.

13. hammockmonkey

hammockmonkey Well-Known Member

I've had Jesus stop by my house, he did my lawn and then he and juan cleaned my gutters and trimmed some branches. good rates too.

14. New-Hope

New-Hope Well-Known Member

First I probably get him to slap me in the face so I knew I knew I wasn't crazy... :blink:

If he was real I'd invite him in and ask him if I could have a conversation about, well, life; tell him all my thoughts and ask him questions that I would really like answered...

15. ava.

ava. Well-Known Member

I'm not religious at all, but if he did turn up, I'd ask why/how he just stood there as my uncle got stabbed to death. And also, ask why my life is such a screw up.

16. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I would probably thank him and then ask him to please let me go.

17. perry_mason

perry_mason Well-Known Member

i suppose i would have to invite him in :tongue:

then i would ask, 'seeing as you are all powerful and all that jazz, why do you let all these bad things happen?'

18. rojomi

rojomi Banned Member

Ask for I.D.-Invite him in, offer snacks/refreshments. Ask about the holidays and the family. Then I'd grab my Jesus folder and request that we review certain discrepancies about my account.

19. :laugh:

20. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

ask him WHY?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.