What would you do without the internet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What would you do without the internet?
Mind you, this scenario means you still have computers and other wi-fi enabled devices, but no internet access of any kind.

All interesting
I wanted both serious and silly answers, I didn't post this in soap box because I actually remember a time when I was a kid before the internet was much of anything.
Even in the 90's it didn't have quite the impact it has now.

There have been several articles discussing how the internet and computers have improved and ruined lives.
Consider, for the people on this site, it's a haven, a place of free thought and discussion and a place away from trolls and people who use the anonymity of the internet as a riot shield to attack those around them, however, also consider all the children who are growing up and using computers at the age of 5, being so overly stimulated that such things as using their imaginations no longer appeal to them, why should they pretend to be a pirate? they can be one online.

I guess it is different since my generation was alive during the shift.
I believe I could do well without internet.
I'd simply teach myself about computer science as I am now and improve upon my art.

lachrymose27

might be more productive without internet and actually build up skill in tradition art mediums. but what's life without internet Oo... This is the future and we must grow with it :D

nolonger

I'd say I would end up retreating into my head. Probly end up killing myself, quicker than I thought right now. It's strange that I feel better with people over the internet, than those in real life. I guess it's because Hell is other people.

My family got our first computer back in...2006 I think? And that was only because dad was at University, and he actually needed one. As time progressed, things changed. People got older, new things were released. At this stage, we're nearly at the point that each of us has a computer. I've had my own for a few years though :tongue:.

It's the only place I can get away from people.

Phteven

I think one of the main reason im on the internet is I us it as a distraction...so without it I would spend more time on my other distractions like tv or movies or books and i guess i would have more free time... i remember a time without internet as well but now that the internet exists i dont like being without it for extended periods of time.

WildCherry

Owner Emeritus
I think boredom would slowly drive me insane. I can deal without Internet for a few days, but it's my connection to a lot of my friends because most of them are scattered all over the world. Lol I'd probably end up with an enormous Cell phone bill!

WalkingCorpse

Not only would I be isolated, but I'd have to go to the library or buy encyclopedias to look up facts I want to know, I'd have to buy more cookbooks to find recipes, I'd have to keep my Yellowpages phone book instead of throwing it out, I'd be forced to call people instead of just emailing them.

Phteven

Not only would I be isolated, but I'd have to go to the library or buy encyclopedias to look up facts I want to know, I'd have to buy more cookbooks to find recipes, I'd have to keep my Yellowpages phone book instead of throwing it out, I'd be forced to call people instead of just emailing them.
hmmm very true...as well I would probably write/mail more letters and pay my bills by cheque and have to mail them in. There is lots of things i can do because of the internet that I kinda take for granted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00