What would you do?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by random username, Aug 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hypothetical situation:

You've done something which is kind of illegal. And when it's found out, you can (supposedly) get up to 2 years jail time.

You haven't done it on your own and curiosity wasn't the only reason why you did it.
    Now you feel that certain people have the right to know what you've found out.
    But, here's the problem, there could be questions about it. And yourself and the other person who did it with you, already will have to lie if certain instances ask questions about it. If you tell the other people who (in your opinion) have the right to know and they'd get questions, they'd have to lie too, which would make them accessories to it (if I'm not mistaken).
    Obviously you don't want that to happen, but you really do feel they have the right to know...

What would you do?

I hope this is clear enough.

2. minion

minion Well-Known Member

scream, cry, panic.... I've had something like that happen before. You do something in a large group and end up being the only one who seems to be punished for what was done. But in the end it is hard trying to keep everyone's lies the same. People will began to question it and you might all crash and burn in the end.

3. Smashed__

Smashed__ Well-Known Member

you have to decide if you want these people to have to keep a secret (provided they are willing and don't turn you in). Sure they have a "right to know" but if you tell them how will it affect their lives? the way they look or act around you? I doubt you want to tell because they have a right to know, i would bet money you are itching to say something so you can get it off of your chest.

4. Actually the only reason to tell them would be because they've got the right to know, as it's about someone close to all of us, and we could all be sort of victimized.
    It's rather complicated, but I hope it's kind of clear.

To get it off my chest I can talk to the other person with whom I did what we did.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.