What would you do?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Unsurelife, Dec 31, 2009.

?

Would you rather go to jail for 10+ years or end your life?

1. End your life

22 vote(s)
    71.0%
  2. Go to jail

2 vote(s)
    6.5%
  3. Live on the run for the rest of your life

7 vote(s)
    22.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Unsurelife

Unsurelife Member

I have been on probation for 2 years and have 4 left..... I violated and now have to take a lie detector test......would you go to jail for 10+ years or end your life? Oh and when you get out you will have no family or friends because they will all have left you.

2. jhhop

jhhop Well-Known Member

I would definitely choose to end my life.
    I have already spent 3 yrs in jail and still have 2 yrs of parole.
    A moment of bad judgment destroyed my life and all of my loved ones lives. I lost my wife, kids, home, job, retirement, was disowned by all of my family. Personally, I would definitely choose death.

3. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

Live on the run would be kinda fun. In a demented way. Just the carnage and all. But I'd definately end my life.

4. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

Go on a run and have fun while doing it. Make the blast last as long as possible and try not to ever get caught. And when and if you do, well, at least you had a blast on the run. And only at that point I'd off myself. But I'd definitely go on the run by moving away to the backwoods of Maine or Switzerland or some shit.

5. 1izombie

1izombie Well-Known Member

lie detector test r bull shit

http://antipolygraph.org/pubs.shtml

U can read up on it here .... their are easy ways to bet a lie dector test and this site has good resources...read this b4 u do anything rash

6. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I would end it all.. I don't do well in social situations and jail is as social as you can get..Definitly I would end it..

7. *sparkle*

*sparkle* Staff Alumni

:eek: i cant believe the lack of support towards this member on the thread by some of the replies ...

i think you must take it as it comes. if you violated your probation in some way and are having to do this - you dont know what will happen yet :hug: though you do sound concerned about the lie detector test...

ive known someone who has got through a 10 year sentence and they have come through it and out of the other end a really nice person who learned a lot of new skills and got new qualifications whilst inside.

i dont really know what to say as i cant make jail sound like some lovely place to be - i would be lying if i DID say that... but there are ways through most things and if the worst happens then you will have to look for things that help you through it and keep you occupied...

but in answer to the question and combining that with why you are asking it - no i dont think you should kill yourself... and if you go on the run there is every chance you would be caught and have an even longer sentence...

hope you will be ok. my pm box is open if you need to talk :hug:

8. touglytobeloved

touglytobeloved Well-Known Member

I voted that i would end it all. But thats who I am. And everyone here who said they will end it.... Well, im just afraid that you didnt choosed a right place to ask this question. Most people here would say that they would end their life (including me), but please note that we have at least one more (if not a lot more) reason to end our lives even without jail as in your case. So, no matter waht you read what are we saying, please be carefull waht will you decide at the end. Im afraid that you might take this answers and this pool as an answer to your own question, but every situation is diferent, so please dont. Go and ask this question on some other forum, not on a forum where most of the people would embrace death rather than life.

9. touglytobeloved

touglytobeloved Well-Known Member

i wouldnt say its lack of support, sparkle. the OP ask this as a poll, so people are answering what would they do, not even suspecting that the OP can take it as its own option. and we all know why are we here, and why the answers looks like they lack support because of choosing death rather than life.

so, again, to the OP, set this poll on some other forum, you might get diferent poll results.

10. *sparkle*

*sparkle* Staff Alumni

here is not the place to argue i guess :) but if someone asks a question like that relating to what they are going through on a prolife forum - where there ARE people who care - its not the place to tell someone that in their circumstances you would kill yourself :unsure:

anyway back to topic - lets offer Mike (unsurelife) some support here :hug:

11. NoGood

NoGood Well-Known Member

Ending you life, it permanent and leaves you with no options. Ending you life is the absolute last resort and thats extreme!!! If you go to jail - you still have options, if you go on the run, you still have options, if you die, you are 6ft under and stone cold.

You NEVER know what life has in store for you. What is round the corner. The outlook always look bad when you see it through narrowed vision.

Think long and hard about what options you have.

12. wastedmylife

wastedmylife Well-Known Member

depends on your health, if you are healthy why not

13. 1victor

1victor Well-Known Member

I have been tested by one of those machines. I do not want to get into details why I was subjected to the tests, let say Soviet Russia had no laws or lawyers. The test was about my reactions to sounds and actions from the outside world.
    I beat the machine by thinking and imagining horrible things that they do to my body, like repeatedly sticking a knife into my stomach or tearing flesh apart with a hook.... In short, sick stuff. So, no matter what the suggestion was the reactions and results were the same. Later, I saw the results, the graph was a mess and not admissible. But I convinced myself that things that I imagined were really happening to me and run sick images in my head through the whole test.
    The thing with poly is that you have to mess up the control questions from the start. This link may help you.
    https://antipolygraph.org
    Good luck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.