What would you say to your prepubescent self?

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by pit, Feb 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pit

pit Well-Known Member

If you could confront yourself in your formative years, what advice would you give? I'd say three things:

1. Get out there and socialize more with the girls. Give yourself a chance. You're not that bad looking. Give a girl a chance to know you. And your mother is full of shit. Don't let her discourage you in your relationships.

2. Learn to do many different things. Develop more interests. Stop staring at the same four walls. Be adventurous.

3. Self, you're screwed up now. If you don't do these things, you're going to be more screwed up in the future. I know. This is your 46-year-old self speaking. Kid, you will be more screwed up than you know.

4 And if prepubescent self won't listen to me, I will throttle self and strangle him.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2012
  2. detest

detest Banned Member

End it all before it gets worse.

3. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I would say...you better go to college and get a good job, or you will waste your damn life and be unhappy and miserable. Even when I was like 5 years old, my stepfather advised my mother to get me the hell out of here. Obviously he knew what everyone else didn't.

4. Growing Pains

Growing Pains Well-Known Member

Just one thing,

"Don't talk to her."

5. Joshy

Joshy Well-Known Member

I'd tell myself;

"Don't talk. It only wrecks your life more and more. Even if it's nice or neutral. There is always 1 person who will get hurt from even the smallest words. Don't even think about talking even just to make a friend. It may hurt to be alone, but being alone is better than being alone and perceived as a fuck-up with a lot of problems.. "

6. AimeeRaindrop

AimeeRaindrop Active Member

I'd tell myself to grow a backbone and stand up to my family before it's too late and I regret it. To stop letting them push me around and to focus on and do what I want, not what they want.

7. PJLane

PJLane Well-Known Member

1) dont drop out of school - never again do you get a free education
    2) stop eating - food will always be around and no one likes the fat kid

8. TheLoneWolf

TheLoneWolf Well-Known Member

Pretty much the same things you said would apply to me.

Youth is wasted on the young, wisdom is wasted on the old.

9. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

I would tell myself to wait for sex. I got two ex's pregnant because of it. Gotta wait!

10. BrinkOfExistence

BrinkOfExistence Well-Known Member

There's nothing I could say because if I did, then it could result in my children never existing and what would be the point in that. However if that was never an issue, then I'd make sure I knew how important education was and train hard to become fit enough to join the Royal Marines, that's always been the dream.

11. bleedingrage

bleedingrage Active Member

I'd say "the winning numbers are:25,32,4,13,52"

12. TheLoneWolf

TheLoneWolf Well-Known Member

Lol... that would be a great plan, if only it were legal for prepubescent children to buy lottery tickets.

13. red ribbons

red ribbons Well-Known Member

Learn to say NO to others, watch out for #1, watch people's body language and eyes for their motives, have fun, know that I love you and we survived together in childhood, you WILL find happiness and beauty, learn to speak up for yourself, learn to comfort yourself in healthy ways when things go wrong, find a safe place to go where someone really believes you and cares about you, listen to inconsistencies in others' stories looking for lying, cheating, conning, do not let others steal anything from you, you are a beautiful person and deserve love, respect, kindness, and caring from yourself and others, you will succeed in life in spite of what has happened to you, you will be stronger because of what you have gone through, someday you will help others who are still struggling, if you are in a difficult place-leave, rise above what has happened to you-shine, stay away from toxic, negative people and their nasty agendas-you don't need them in your life, YOU GO GIRL! LIVE!

14. AfterFact

AfterFact Well-Known Member

I'm only 16, but I would look back a couple years and tell myself not to drink, get high, and that suicide isnt the answer and things will get better.

15. red ribbons

red ribbons Well-Known Member

AfterFact-That too!

16. Aaron

Aaron Well-Known Member

Get ready for the ride of a lifetime....sometimes up and sometimes down, but a fascinating ride nonetheless and women, oh the women!!!!!

17. Sais

Sais Well-Known Member

That's an interesting thing to think about!

1. Get Bad Grades, you'll end up Very fucked up anyway and no one gives a shit, so at least you could do whatever you want in the process. DonT go to college.
    2. They are stupid, tell them and move on, you'll feel sorry for them in the end.
    3. Stop Writing! You'll get too obsessed and it's not worth it.
    4. Be free.

18. Raven

Raven Guest

One day you will find yourself in a job you hate, live trough it and you will find better times ahead it is a short time do not let that time define who you are.

19. AsphyxiateOnMisery

AsphyxiateOnMisery Well-Known Member

"Don't do heroin, you fucking idiot."

20. Syn

Syn Well-Known Member

Forfit the game before somebody else takes you outta the frame and puts your name to shame, cover up your face you can't run the race the pace is too fast you just won't last.

If I didn't get the reference I'd slap the shit outta myself...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.