What would you say your meds do for you?

Hi all...just wondering....what do your meds do for you in this battle? I know they are not a ‘cure’ or none of us would be here...but along with therapy, how do they help? I guess because nothing has worked for me, other than benzos, I am not sure what others experience that I don’t....of course I have so many issues...ocd, ptsd, anxiety, depression...maybe there isn‘t anything that covers it all...
And once again, yes, I am in therapy......intensive therapy.

LOSTINSIGHT

Hi Hatingmyselfdaily ,,medication talk is a mine field .
Me personally ,they actually buried my issues further and allowed me to drink more than i used too at the time[5.5 years sober now ] ,,they mite of interfered with my impulse control also.had a nightmare getting off them aswell,i still have problems .
saying all that ,some genetic types like myself just dont tolerate the drugs or the side affects .there can be many variables that go into each case .
I have all the issues youve just listed ,just lovely hey .
Ide love some intensive therapy myself but need to build strength up .
Peace.

Arun

For me, meds for my depression stopped the constant suicidality. I then did all the other work. My meds were upped to a dose that helped at just the right time before things went to an irreversible place.

For me, meds for my depression stopped the constant suicidality. I then did all the other work. My meds were upped to a dose that helped at just the right time before things went to an irreversible place.
Oh that is what I am looking for. What are you taking...anti psychotic or anti depressant?

Arun

Oh that is what I am looking for. What are you taking...anti psychotic or anti depressant?
I'm on an anti-depressant, Lexapro. I feel pretty lucky cause it was the first one I tried. I do know though that meds are very very unique to the person. So it might not be this one that helps you, but at least it gives you hope that they can work that way, right?

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00