What you love is what depresses you

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Forgotten_Man, Jul 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Forgotten_Man

Forgotten_Man Well-Known Member

Is anyone else here in a similar boat?

I have this problem, the things I see in myself that I REALLY REALLY like are the things that make me look at life and become depressed.

It is best explained in, I enjoy what I do. But I see the direct side-effects of who I am and get depressed.

I don't know, I hate it when people tell me to change, because I do not want too. Yet I feel that if I remain the same I am dooming myself and that is a painful feeling.

It is just really annoying because whenever my mind wanders it finds its way here and when it finds its way here I lose all motivation to do anything.
  2. poison

poison Well-Known Member

3. johnsmythe

johnsmythe Well-Known Member

Pretty much...
  4. expressive_child

expressive_child Well-Known Member

Pretty much the same with me in a way..
  5. Forgotten_Man

How do you guys deal with it?
  6. Blackness

Blackness Guest

My case is a little different. It's more about the THINGS I love, depress me most. Like my bf, like my hobbies, my friends, stuff like that.
  7. Forgotten_Man

^^;; that is what I meant. My views on the world my hobbies. Not my physical appearance, to a heavy degree. But the lifestyle I choose.
  8. iracund

iracund Antiquities Friend

i don't really feel that way at all. it's not the things that i love that depress me. i'm depressed sometimes no matter which way you shake the magic 8 ball. that sometimes prevents me from doing the things that i love, but the things i love are in no way responsibile for me feeling depressed.

can someone elaborate about this "the things i love make me feel depressed" because i'm quite confused. is it your inability to do them the way you want them to be done that is depressing? that they (if they are people) are not completely controllable by you? that you love things that hurt you no matter how much you love them? i'm really confused.
  9. expressive_child

expressive_child Well-Known Member

Good question. Well, I don't know how to really deal with it. I just kind of ignore it and 'numb' my senses so that it won't trigger me that much. It hurts most when I desire something so badly yet knowing its impossible to get it or almost impossible.

I guess its kind of something LMax Payne said before; 'the problem with wanting something is the fear of losing it or not getting it at all'. Yeah, that the problem of wanting or loving something ~_~
  10. Forgotten_Man

I thought I explained this... but here is how I feel about it. I do these things I love, mainly being a geek. And then I look around at the world and find myself unwelcome among the masses. I am not like some geeks who at least have a some what normal hobby, like my one friend who is into cars as well as geek stuff. Nope I am purely technology. And people tend to have people who are purely technology. So doing what I love in the end will cost me general companionship. Because lets face it all geeks are starting to sell out these days.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.