What your dreams mean to you?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Kiss, Jan 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kiss

Kiss Guest

If you see one, do you think it mean something?

I have got lot of dreams what I still think about. Why? What that mean? Does it mean anything? And so on...

I have seen dreams which are came true. Should I know which dreams become true and which ones not?

Do you think of your dreams and why or why not?
  2. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I have had dreams that stay with me after I wake up.. Mine are usually pretty scarey so i'm up the rest of the night because I am too freaked out to try to go back to sleep.. Some of my dreams become reality..
  3. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

I have all kinds of dreams, I remember them most of the times, I get nightmares too...and sometimes I get premonitions but I wont know until the scene happens later on in the year...as if to let me know I'm on the predicted path...

I know some symbols what they mean and I've also a few dream dictionaries...
  4. bluegrey

bluegrey Antiquities Friend

I have dreams which generally fall into three categories.

1. I am a child again roaming the neighborhood with my dear pals doing the exact things we did way back when- eating candy, riding bicycles, talking about cute neighborhood girls, talking about a television series, playing with one of our dogs or pulling mischievous pranks on the neighborhood grouches.

2. I am having a nightmare, the most recurring being myself accidentally driving my clunker into a pond, the Long Island Sound or the Atlantic Ocean and I am inhaling water while violently struggling to break open one of my car's windows.

3. I come up with some brilliant invention which will take away my struggles caused by being poor. The "brilliance" of the invention fades quickly under the harsh reality of being back in a conscious state :blink: .
  5. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

I don't think my dreams have much relation to real life at all...
    For most of my life I've had insomnia and would never dream whenever I'd finally fall asleep.
    Lately- because of my meds, I think; I've begun to dream...
    Basically all of my dreams include these elements: nudity, zombies and my grandma's house. -___-
  6. johnnysays

johnnysays Well-Known Member

I think you're funny. :)

I have dreams where I'm in school again, but I'm much older (30's) and everyone wonders why I'm still in HS! I hate them. I think that these dreams mean I want to move on with my life, but I feel stuck somehow.

I have unsettling fantasy dreams where I am half lucid. Lucid dreams can almost seem real. I had one where I heard a noise that got closer and closer like a whirling beeping noise. Almost sounded like something from a vintage 50's movie about flying saucers. Then I see an image in my head with robots and a half human female waving at me. Fun. And then I am half asleep listening as the beep/whirl fades until I can't hear it. I seem to have more lucid dreams when the power is out. I have an active imagination. I should use it productively.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2010
  7. Rosenrot

Rosenrot Forum Buddy

For the sake of conversation I'd like to say yes, but uh.. my dreams generally lack sense... such as me being chased by a giant pizza.. or running through a never ending forest..
  8. johnnysays

I've alwasy wondered what allows our brain to dream without our conscious mind kicking in and saying to itself "something isn't right here," but I think that sometimes it does kick in and that's why some people have lucid dreams. Lucid dreams are like a movie set. You're the director and the actor at the same time. It's very fulfilling if you get the chance to have one. Can be scary though.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2010
  9. shades

shades Staff Alumni

I have read a few books on dreams.

Some may mean something and others can be meaningless, with the brain simply releasing stored information after absorbing what you take in via all of your senses during the course of your day or over your lifetime.

I read, and was told be a therapist that the most important thing about them is to try and recall how you were feeling IN THE DREAM as it its most likely an indication of how you are feeling in general, such as anxious, frustrated, happy or sad.

The characters and incidents are often pulled from different parts of the brain to create a story or situation that often reflects these feelings.

Sometimes the themes are similar because of a trauma.

I have many dreams in which I am trying to get away from someone but cannot move. Through therapy, I recalled an incident in which I was surrounded and threatened by about 5-6 guys at a park when I was about 14-15. They pushed me around a bit and I was cornered between some boulders and could not get away...they easily could have hurt me quite badly but let me go.

So, because of this traumatic experience I often have a dream of being trapped or chased and unable to get away.
  10. Confusticated

Confusticated Well-Known Member

I have dreams about zombie apocalypses which are always fun (seriously, no sarcasm, they're actually amazing), judge me for it if you like, I don't really care. I don't get many nightmares anymore, but when I do it's always the same memory so I understand that. Sometimes I simply dream of just being with my girlfriend, I might just be with her, it could just be a kiss or something, but that's probably because she's all I think about when I go to sleep, so again, understandable.

Dreams are an interpretation of your thoughts, or they're supposed to be. I believe this is the case sometimes, but not always. For instance, I don't think or see anything about zombie apocalypses when I dream about them, and nightmares can make abosolutely no sense other than the soul purpose being to scare you. However, then the argument of symbolism comes up. I believe that it can not be proved or disproved, only supported or unsupported. Dreams don't tend to just come from nowhere, but that's not to say that if you dream about.. shooting someone, that you want to shoot them. Again, symbolism.

I think I'm just going on and on now, so I'll end the post here XP
  11. LonleyLoner

LonleyLoner Member

My dreams are ushually pretty easy to figure out. I dream about whatever is on my mind, or sometimes I dream about some random shit, even then they are still ushully pretty explainable.

Like last I had two dreams I can remember.
    One was where my friend who I havent talked to in awhile, Kesha, who is a person I know in my real life, died. I was really upset in that dream about it. That reflected on how I kind of just stopped talking to Kesha in real-life and how I kind of feel guity about it.

The other one was just a normal day riding my horse at pams stable. It was really happy but it was pretty ordinary. I dreamt that because I dont ride horses anymore, but Im really wanting to get back into it, and I can but its just a matter of realling doing it and comitting.
  12. History

History Well-Known Member

as a result of taking Effexor XR, my dreams are very bizarre and vivid. The dreams go on and on and it's as if I'm living in it. I wake up feeling exhausted and mentally tired everyday. Some are scary and some not. The other day I dream that I was a baseball player. I took a very hard swing and BOOOOOOOM!!!!...............I lunged out of bed and fell on the floor with my head knocked against my bedside table. Every night, different dreams.
  13. johnnysays

I don't know what it was, but you made me laugh. One night it's football, the next it's hockey. Lol. I hope you got insurance.
  14. prncsusako

prncsusako Member

My dreams have been incredibly violent. Last month was the worst.

My father and brother turned into quick moving zombies-cannibals who were chasing me down to kill-eat me. I holed into the bathroom and shut the door. I heard groaning and the room suddenly got slick and cold. Suddenly the cabinets under the sink opened and just like those Japanese Horror Films - my mother oozed out like a slithery snake but on black and red oil. She was going to consume me with her ooze.

Then I woke up in tears, barely able to breathe.
  15. sammakko

sammakko Banned Member

I see dreams where I understand people and people understand me. Never happend on real life. I hate those dreams because they remind me something what I cannot get and do not let me forget.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.