Whatever it is, just let nature take its course (reflections, basically)

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by ToHelp, Jan 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ToHelp

ToHelp Well-Known Member

Hi there everyone, and here on the East Coast of the U.S. where it just turned 2008, congratulations on having made it through another.... holiday season. lol

YOU'RE A SURVIVOR! w00t

I thought long and hard; looked around the entire forum, about where to place the following. This is one of the most active forums and I'd really like it seen. :eek:hmy: So move it if you must, but.... let's give it a go.

Well, first ideation is an extreme form of depression (opposite happiness) on the bell-curve of emotion which makes us human. And hey--don't let my username fool you; I too am in dire straights. (I was trying to be... well, positive? lol :))

Trust me, ToHelp prrrobably should be "NEEDhelp_omg!" :biggrin: But I'm trying to LIVE, here so... Bear with me.

Oh and newsflash: Suicidal ideation isn't just human; it makes us uniquely human. Just as it's said that "nature abhors a vacuum," I also believe that nature--in a nonjudgmental sense, mind you--"abhors" killing oneself, for the act goes against every survival instinct.

We have... what? "evolved," I suppose, to be endowed not just with sentience (self-awareness), but emotional sentience, and my title suggests what works for me-- to wit, whatever it is just let nature take its course. Do what I do. I cry freely, wail aloud if you must. (Suggestion: Don't "wail" in public malls, however. ;))

The tears and energy release some form of pent-up energy for me, and I might... I might just sometimes feel better.

Doing something helps, too. Hey: I just got back from the friggin' grocery store on New Year's Eve to stock up on oatmeal. (lol, don't laugh!! It's just how I shop; I was running low on instant oatmeal and... and well I rode my bike and picked up 10 boxes. :shhh:)

But my point: It passed.

_I_ say, do what works for you--pretty much ANYTHING other than "bide your time" doing nothing. Take a damn walk in the frigid air when the black cloud comes. Don't be nonchalant with this business. Do SOMETHING.

Well, I should run. Said my piece. And I never really "introduced," so, hello everyone. Oh. And I am extremely open to hugs... ahem.

ToHelp

2. Madeleine

Madeleine Member

For me it doesn't work because I am an introvert. Besides I've learned from experience that if you show your emotions too much people will use it against you at some point. It's like telling a secret: be sure that in a few days everything you said would be a subject of gossip and derision. It is engraved in the human nature to take advantage on the weakness of another. And depression is weakness. That's why we must overcome it (easy to say...).

3. ToHelp

ToHelp Well-Known Member

Oh Lord no, Madeleine, I meant IN PRIVATE. :blink:

Yeah.... And actually I should have made that part explicit. No, you are quite right dear. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2008
  4. Madeleine

Madeleine Member

Oh, that's easy. I'm doing it all the time. :biggrin:

5. numberman

numberman Well-Known Member

People deal with their struggles in different ways, that is why this forum is so useful- to see what others do,to help them and perhaps to copy them

The four letter word to cling on to is hope- everyone will have some ( even Saddam at the gallows had hope for his afterlife!) it is a question of identifying ,capturing and nurturing it.Often the hope lies in another person and in particular a child which is why I get so shocked to see posts on this forum speaking of "the child(ren) that will be left behind".

I have had my bad times as well ( hence this forum) , some very dark moments ,but in those I shut my eyes and focussed on pictures of hope and although the moments did not pass quickly, they did pass and have not reappeared again (yet?)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.