whatever

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Carcinogen, May 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carcinogen

Carcinogen Well-Known Member

Just a random rant.

Well, I've finally started seeing a therapist for all kinds of random stuff - my 'issues' as one acquaintance of mine so succinctly puts it. However, it seems that while he knows all about the cutting, ODing and drinking, nobody bothered to tell him that I have food issues (I walked into one session last week, and there was a packet of angel cake slices on the table. NOT helpful). I've been this way for a long time, but in all my psychiatric interviews, only one psych has bothered to take me seriously (diagnosed as bulimic). It just makes me feel like they're thinking "yeah, right, like that FAT COW throws up, hahaha, if she was bulimic she wouldn't be so GROSS! Who does she think she's kidding?!! Like that chubby needs help for that." So yeah, that train of thought set a b/p cycle right off, and it's been constant for the last three days.

It's really hard for me to accept I have a problem(if I did, I'd be skinny, and I'm fat), even to myself, so I can't bring it up in a session. And if the other psych people didn't think it was serious enough to mention, then who am I to disagree and bring it up? It's just a bit annoying.

I'm also having a few health issues with it (the roof or my mouth is peeling off, my throat is bleeding and I've passed out four times in the last week) but I'm not sure if it's serious enough to warrant a doctors appointment, or they'll just laugh me right out the surgery.

Scuse the length. Just ranting.

2. poisonedresistance

poisonedresistance Well-Known Member

people can have issues with food and eating disorders regardless of their size.

If anything it would simply agravate it and clearly as you put it make you feel that you dont deserve to bring it up or seek help for it.

I hope that your new pshyc see's your pain and trys to help you,, but give them a chance, maybe they jsut try to deal with one thing at a time.

definitly go to see your doctor though ,, you sound like your eating disorder is making you realy ill,

please dont give up seeking help

3. Heavenly Star

Heavenly Star Well-Known Member

I know how you are feeling. I've had long standing issues with food and eating (starving myself, excessive exercise, making myself sick and abusing laxatives) and yesterday i finally told my therapist about it and she said "doesn't look like it's a problem you're not exactly wasting away". all she has done is made things worse now. I'm not telling anybody anything. best to keep my mouth shut i think.

4. Carcinogen

Carcinogen Well-Known Member

Wow. Some therapist you've got there :dry:. Maybe you should try getting another one who actually has some people skills (not sure if you can do this; my experience with mental health systems is sketchy).

I think I'll keep my mouth shut. It's not like therapy works anyways. I think I'm definitely going to see a doctor though; I don't have to tell them why my throat's messed up or anything. As long as they don't mention weight I'll be fine. My BMI's 23, so they'll probably tell me I'm overweight, which won't help, but I need some kind of medical help.

Thanks for the replies :smile:

5. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

I think you should definitely see a doctor about your mouth, throat and passing out. That's no laughing matter and they should take this seriously.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.