What're the demographics of this forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBLA

The biggest loser ever to live.
I know that many people don't like to be judged and placed completely into a group, have a label slapped on them.

Though I've noticed there's some groups here a lot more represented than others.

For example, there's a LOT of people from the UK here, lots of people of high school and college age, those that may be described as "nerds", like videogames, cartoons, computers, etc.

And also lots of adults as well, several with children.

I was wondering what you guys think of my really quick observations and if other groups could be included also, sorry if I'm offending anyone by this, just curious is all. :unsure:

I also wonder why some groups are more represented here than others. Of course we probably won't see many elderly folks here, those not well versed with computers and the internet, those without access to them, etc.

I think your observances are close to correct. I cannot say why the things are as they are, but I do think it is just a matter of coincidence. I can't say why the UK is so well represented here, but I do know that is true Of almost all the depression-suicide sites I visit. The younger generation are way more comfortable with computer usage than the older and spend more time navigating the web. They also are more familiar and comfortable with things like chatting because thy have grown up with it. I am not sure they see the dangers as much as the older generations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00