whats best

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Chernarus, Sep 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chernarus

Chernarus Well-Known Member

should i make a note or should i leave the people guessing.

2. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Well, best would be to not kill yourself.

Next might be to make it look like an accident

You will probably ruin several lives around you if you do. Your note can either soften the blow or emphasize it, depending on the content. If you think it'll make people feel more awful for the rest of their lives, pass on it. If you think it'll make them feel less awful, it might be good.

If you're really going to do it, I'm not quite sure why you care, though.

3. abyss

abyss Well-Known Member

don't leave a note, don't die. instead sit down and talk to those you care about. tell them how you are feeling and with support get some help. there is no good way to leave behind loved ones, nothing can soften that blow.

4. Mightbehere

Mightbehere Well-Known Member

I'd say leave a note to eliminate any self blame and doubts that people might have.

But please don't die.

5. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

Hi Chernarus. Leave a note if you want people to know for certainty that it was a suicide, but that really won't help your loved ones cope with the loss. It will probably make them feel worse knowing that they could have helped. If you have life insurance, then you have to make it look like an accident or else no one gets paid. Please don't kill yourself. Get help instead. :hug:

6. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hello,
    You should leave a note if you decide it's time to go. Your family are going to be mourning and you don't need to leave them guessing why you did it. Some will feel guilt for not listening to you.
    Please reconsider, there is help out there but you need to seek it out! No one is going to make that decision for you. There is therapy, meds, shrink, and family! I use all the above to keep me going.

7. BioHomocide

BioHomocide Well-Known Member

Note if you want them to suffer with the thoughts of your suicide.
    Leave nothing if you want them to suffer with not knowing why or how.

They both sound bad. :laugh:
    But I myself have chosen not to leave a letter.

8. jam1e

jam1e Guest

I agree, a note is best.

If you don't you'll just be making the people close to you suffer even more.

They will think they are to blame, then again perhaps thats how you feel??

As for going through with it, that's your choice, good luck either way!

9. worlds edge

worlds edge Well-Known Member

If I go the suicide route at some point down the road I will not leave a note, personally. Of course I will only go that route, barring terminal illness and a few kind of unlikely things, if there would be no one I'd want to leave a note to anyways.

Can you expand on this a bit more? Why on earth would you want to leave someone 'guessing?'

10. Chernarus

theres no help talk is cheap and i am the way i am because of there help the first time there is nothing thats gonna save me im just picking a day and itll be out in the wilderness were they wont find me.

11. Chernarus

i need help finding the right day what should the day be. pm me if you dont want other ppl to know.

12. purplefizz

purplefizz Senior Member

Don't pick yet. If you do, make sure it's far away. Give yourself some breathing space to think about things. Please keep holding on, Chernarus.

13. abyss

abyss Well-Known Member

i'm sorry you feel there is no hope. i'm sorry those around you have not given you the help and support you need and deserve. please wait a bit. don't rush into anything final.

14. Chernarus

they gave me to a mental hospital when i was young now i have PTSD from it as you can see i cant get help because i wont try it. Im not going into detail but it was 3 years of absolute HELL

I found a day November 1

15. aki

aki Well-Known Member

You need to get away from them, I assume this your family you're talking about. Move, get out, you've got nothing to lose.
    You sound like you've had the most awful time ever...like you haven't been given any sort of a chance...but you deserve a chance.

16. Chernarus

i cant blame them because they believed what ever they were told so i do blame them for not helping me out but i blame the "Professionals"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.