what's everyones favourite memory from childhood or life in general??

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by tiredfighter, Dec 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tiredfighter

tiredfighter Well-Known Member

my favourite memory from childhood is from when I was about 5, me and a friend decided we wanted to go over to the local park and play and see the animals after school, however we were under strict instruction to stay on the green across the road from our block of flats, anyways we wandered over a main road and headed to this park not realising the time, we spent hours over there just running around, seeing the animals and generally just having a good time, but of course being 5 meant we had no concept of time so when we decided to go home it was dark, pitch black in fact, we casually walked across the road and sauntered onto our estate and were instantly surrounded by cops and ambulance crews, and our angry/teary but somewhat relieved mums, turns out the reason it was so dark when we went home was cos it was 1am, the police had been looking for us since 8pm and we'd been having a merry old time at the park!! lol....oh well, boys will be boys right? :)

2. me myself and i

me myself and i Account Closed

the birth of my children, easy.

3. Chaddiwicker

Chaddiwicker Well-Known Member

Cool idea, tiredfighter.

Mine would be dancing with my mom in the living room of our house. I grew up in the 70's which was the disco era. My mom bought a disco album that also included a book of dance steps so you could learn the dances at home. Since my dad wouldn't dance with her, I became her dance partner.

So wish I could go back to that time and do everything different.

4. tiredfighter

good one man, how old are they?

5. tiredfighter

that sounds mega fun chaddwicker, Ive only ever danced once and that was to impress my girlfriend lol, I failed miserably due to the running man :D

6. Kaos General

Kaos General Well-Known Member

Meeting kirsty.

I have no happy childhood memories

7. tiredfighter

who's Kirsty man? :) tell us about her maybe?

8. Kaos General

Kaos General Well-Known Member

Shes the single best thing thats ever happened to me in 27 years. Ive never been happier in my life ever.

9. me myself and i

me myself and i Account Closed

Chuck :hug: that is such a great thing to say

10. tiredfighter

that's soo cool man, she must be a special woman, it's good to have someone who makes you happy :)

11. DannyBoy

DannyBoy Well-Known Member

I remember when I was real young, the night before christmas. I was beyond excited. It was one of those times that I'll probably never see again.

12. tiredfighter

you know Dannyboy you could actually have that experience again, you could always recreate them with your children if and when you have them :)

13. thoso

thoso Member

I'm with Pete 4129 on this one - the birth of my son (and the fact that he learned to say 'dad' before he said 'mom' :rolleyes: ) .

14. plates

plates Well-Known Member

when i used to try and befriend/talk and feed robins in my parents back garden,
    i had a photograph.......someone i loved could hear the beauty in what i said. i told him about it in 07. only last year, i showed the wrong person the picture and i nearly died.

15. tiredfighter

what happened last year??

16. plates

plates Well-Known Member

tiredfighter, i'd rather not go into it as the memories are horrific.
    the good memories are ones i hold on to and helped me stay alive. they are precious to me as we were talking/understanding each other so well.

this is a great thread by the way.

17. tiredfighter

ok no worries, I'm glad you have a happy memory to fall back on :)

18. Madam Mim

Madam Mim Well-Known Member

Making bread with my grandmother. I generally had a very unhappy childhood, and this is the only memory that I care to recall.

Mim

19. AngryLad

AngryLad New Member

2 Months ago a special female came down from London and met me. that was special.

20. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Mine is when my dad became the hero of the street :laugh:

The kid who lived next door was a completely spoiled brat, her parents bought her the most fabulous swing...metal in bright red and yellow, every kid in the street wanted a go on it.
    Typical Karen, she pouted and refused to let anyone on it.
    Suddenly dad came marching down the garden, removed the back door and hung a tyre on a rope over the door jam.
    We all had a fabulous time swinging on it while karen sat on her beautiful red and yellow metal monster and sulked!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.