Whats going wrong?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Caledon, Apr 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Caledon

Caledon New Member

I am 5 days into suicide by starvation and nothing appears to be happening... what's going wrong?

2. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

First of all this is not a method site if you had bothered to read the rules.

Second of all it's going to take a hell of a lot longer than 5 days to starve to death.

It's extremely unlikely that you will succeed at that.

3. Mikeintx

Mikeintx Well-Known Member

Are you secretly baking pies in your sleep?

If this is a serious thread, it takes a long time to die from starvation and you will most likely be force fed at a hospital before death occurs.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2010
  4. Caledon

Caledon New Member

This is a serious thread and <Mod Edit,IrishDoll: Insulting>... I will succeed like I have succeeded at everything in life I have tried... have none of you heard of an Advanced Directive... I cannot and will not be kept alive against my wishes... sorry to have troubled you all by not being a lame "I wanna die but I really want to live" arsehole who you can convince otherwise!

5. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

We're a pro-life site, so we're not here to talk about methods. If you want to talk about anything other than methods, we're here.

6. jenniferelaine

jenniferelaine Well-Known Member

I'm not trying to be an arse, but are you drinking (anything but booze)? Death by starvation itself takes a long time. It is something that people will notice, and it can be *very* unpleasant. Usually, anorexics who die (and who don't take their own lives), die because of a prolonged nutritional deficiency or an electrolyte imbalance...and that triggers a heart attack. For a lot of us, this takes a long time to achieve.

If you were relatively healthy before you started doing this, it is possible that you will die suddenly of an electrolyte imbalance..but not likely.

I'm anorexic, and have gone 5+ days without eating.

7. Caledon

Caledon New Member

I am drinking... gin and tonic... but just enough to stop me thinking too much. Sorry to hear you have a real problem and I hope that things get better for you.

8. jenniferelaine

jenniferelaine Well-Known Member

What you are doing will not kill you for a long time, and it will not be pleasant. Booze is bad for your body on many levels, but it is still caloric intake, and your body will use whatever it can for energy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.