whats his outcome going to be

Discussion in 'After Effects' started by Angela30, May 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Angela30

Angela30 Member

My 13 year old son hung himself on April 3rd. He did it while at the hospital. He is still in a coma and more than likely will have moderate to severe brain damage. Has any other people went threw this? WHat was the outcome? how long until they gained back full awareness? I miss him so much and just want him to come home. I need to talk with people who have went threw this . Please help.

2. Beret

Beret Staff Alumni

Im so sorry to hear this :hug: I have been in a month long coma myself, after an overdosis. It is very important that you, your family and his friends spend all the time you can with him. I have vivid memories of my coma. My family was told at the time that i will probably never recover from this coma, that i will be wheelchair bound and probably mentally disabled. As i found out later, it was very important that they did not allow the docs to give me tranquilizers, cuz i was screaming all the time in coma. After i woke up it took me about a year to relearn how to walk, talk and very slowly my brain was making a recovery. I was 17 when i fell into coma. It took me another 3 years to be able to take my high school equivalency and to go to university, so i finished university with 30; not with 25 like most the others. Dont give up hun, and feel free to send me a pm anytimes, you and your son are in my thoughts and prayers, Love, Beret

3. Angela30

Angela30 Member

It is just so hard to deal with . Were you without blood and oxygen to your brain?
    Has anyone out here hung themselves and recovered? I want to find a place on the net where i can go and look at different outcomes from a hanging injury.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.