What's holding you back from suicide?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fear. The only thing holding me back is fear of failure. I'm not afraid of dying or what will happen after death, but I'm petrified of what would happen if I attempted and then failed... The guilt I'd have to go on with, the way people would never be able to look at me the same way, how I'd have to explain why I tried what I did.

It would be unfair to my parents. People would gossip like crazy about me after I died. But mostly, like the poster above me, I'm just afraid. Afraid of not doing it right, of struggling because I didn't quite manage to kill myself, etc.

I tried to kill myself nearly two years ago, I really thought it was the end, I put a lot of thought into it and ended up failing :-( I was in hospital for a week, my partner didn't want me to go into a psychiatric hospital so I was allowed to go home. Ultimately it's the thought of failing again that stops me :-( It's a living hell, there isn't a day goes past where I wish I was dead. I hate the thought of the stigma I'd leave behind for my family but I know deep down, it's for the best in the long run, I just make everyone miserable.

It's not a person, it's not even a person.
I'm just scared of what's going to happen after I do.
I'm scared people are going to go on with their lives, and forget I was ever here.
I'm also scared of an "afterlife." I dunno.

Sakura

Family. Friends all ditched me, so they don't care one way or the other. Just family. Don't want to hurt them like that. So I feel like I'm forced to just trudge on with this pathetic excuse of a life.

Beautiful Disaster

π·π‘Ÿπ‘œπ‘€π‘›π‘–π‘›π‘” 𝑖𝑛 π‘π‘Ÿπ‘Žπ‘–π‘›π‘€π‘Žπ‘£π‘’π‘ 
SF Supporter
nothing, may the bleeding never stop

My girlfriend I suppose, but I dont think thats enough anymore. Not killing yourself because you fear what others may do afterwards to me is not enough of a reason to live. Doing so just prolongs my depression, and you cant live your life that way

Beautiful Disaster

π·π‘Ÿπ‘œπ‘€π‘›π‘–π‘›π‘” 𝑖𝑛 π‘π‘Ÿπ‘Žπ‘–π‘›π‘€π‘Žπ‘£π‘’π‘ 
SF Supporter
no but really

when you are fighting for you life, all the sudden you want to live. everything seems clear. Probably human nature.

I hate battling with human nature

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$135.00
Goal
$255.00