Whats in a Word

Discussion in 'The Gameroom' started by SinisterKid, Aug 12, 2016.

1. Kira

Kira Can't PM on phone... Sorry :( Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

Ahh, the power of Google! ;)
  2. walkerbait95

walkerbait95 SF Social Media Forum Pro SF Supporter

For the good OR the bad!
  3. Acanthi

Acanthi Well-Known Member

I agree with this so much!! Being Asian, my friends throw the word "fat" around all the time and it's really offensive to me!! It hurts feelings all around and is just inconsiderate. They don't mean it in a hurtful way though, to them it's girltalk, but I'd had such a hard time stomping it out, but I've noticed they're much less likely to call another girlfriend fat now, at least in front of me.
    crumbum likes this.
  4. JMG

JMG Well-Known Member

I agree with all the words everyone has put. Also, can't remember if anyone put "hate" already or not but I'd be fine if that word was banned as well.
    I feel most strongly about the words ugly and fat being banned though. Anyone who has ever known the pain of being called either of those things would most likely feel the same way I think.
    Witty_Sarcasm, Kira and crumbum like this.
  5. crumbum

crumbum Well-Known Member

Didn't realize cuckold would cause a storm.. sorry.

fugly.. i hate that word.

also.. Arod. The abbreviated nickname should be banned forever, anathema to all those with worth and honor.. if the name is repeated at all it should be said as hatefully as benedict arnold.
  6. walkerbait95

walkerbait95 SF Social Media Forum Pro SF Supporter

This bugs me too. We've got a guy at work -- an old man, actually -- who is LRod and it gets on my nerves too. High five, @crumbum

And As for the cucks "causing a storm" it's all coversation, right? Anything that keeps things moving along. Besides, some people learned something new this week. Good job.
    crumbum likes this.
  7. SinisterKid

SinisterKid We either find a way, or make one. SF Supporter

The English language is such a hotchpotch of other languages, its unreal. I really dislike Infant. Child, baby, toddler, tot, whatever, but infant, no no and no. In-fant, it just says nothing, means nothing. What the hell is a fant? Nope, kick it into room 101 and let it rot.
    Innocent Forever likes this.
  8. crumbum

preggy.. really any 'abbreviated' word with the same amount of syllables as the actual word just seems really childish and lazy to me.
  9. Sunday16

Sunday16 Well-Known Member

Stupid is a word I don't like (people who say stupid are stupid) o_O

And this word just bothers me some reason: Button
    I don't know what it is but I've never liked the sound of this word, especially when it's used in the phrase "cute as a button," ick.
  10. Sunday16

Ugh, I couldn't agree more.
    crumbum likes this.
  11. crumbum

Choco Taco.. it's a CHOCOLATE TACO.. dumb.. but what do I know.. I'm just a stupid button.. :p

Last edited: Jan 29, 2018
    shania and Sunday16 like this.
  12. Karmitkurmit

Karmitkurmit King of the Hedge SF Supporter

Sorry if someone else already said it.

There is nothing and nobody in this world that is truly useless.
    Sunday16 and crumbum like this.
  13. Sunday16

Love that Weird Al song so much @crumbum !!!
    crumbum likes this.
  14. Sunday16

@crumbum I was so distracted by your Word Crimes post that didn't even see your reference to Stupid Button. :confused:
    (I've never heard of anyone else who even knows that song. I love it even more than the original song it parodies.)
    Totally missed the joke. I feel like a Dumb Snap.:D
    crumbum likes this.
  15. crumbum

What is a dumb snap? Hmmm.. sounds like another word crime to me ;) (((Sunday)))
  16. Sunday16

It's a "Sundified" version of a Stupid Button. Who knows maybe it'll become a thing. Some new slang that the kids'll be saying over the intraweb. And we'll know it's origin, that came from a humble gal, that no one knows. Only we'll know, cause we're cool. :cool:
    Karmitkurmit and crumbum like this.
  17. crumbum

We ARE cool aren't we? I'm gonna get out my 80's shades tomorrow I feel so cool.. you know.. these ones..

We were so boss back then!
    Karmitkurmit and Sunday16 like this.
  18. Sunday16

Dude, so cool.
    Karmitkurmit and crumbum like this.
  19. Karmitkurmit

Karmitkurmit King of the Hedge SF Supporter

"Starving". Massively overused and out of context (including by me, "I'm starving"); and it really shouldn't exist in this day and age. Whatever happened to people being able to forage and work for their own food? If it isn't sold by Tescos or handed out in aid packages, some people don't eat; WTF?

Come the revolution I'll be right at the front :mad:
    Sunday16 and crumbum like this.
  20. Lilyfrog

Lilyfrog Well-Known Member

Stupid, Is one of my dislikes and also when people start with the word Basically...
    crumbum and Sunday16 like this.