What's love got to do with it...

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Shawndale, May 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shawndale

Shawndale Member

For 30 years all I wanted was to be loved by my mom. To this day I still hope and pray that one day she will start to care about me like she does my brother. My mom treats me like I'm nothing, she has called me all types of names and said some really horrible things to me, but still all I want is her love. I realize it's never going to come, but I can hope right?
    Why am I not good enough for her? Why am I not enough? What else can I do?

2. Brian777

Brian777 Safety and Support Forum Pro SF Supporter

Hi ShawnDale, I'm sorry that your Mom has treated you this way, I'm sure it hurts you deeply. I wish I could answer your question, but I don't know. Maybe, you can show her the love she hasn't shown you. I've read that love is the most powerful thing there is and can break through all barriers, maybe your love can reach her heart. I don't know but my heart goes out to you. I'm glad you've joined the forum, you will find good people here that will support you.
    Take care my friend and welcome
    Brian

3. Shawndale

Shawndale Member

I've tried and tried, I'm just so tired. I've fighting one of the biggest battles in my life with having this depression and anxiety. I can use her support now more than ever and all she knows how to do is make it about her. I've cried so many tears, felt like the world is ending and I can't do it anymore. I fighting suicidal thoughts and feelings, loneliness, and no friends really. People in and out of my life treating me like crap and using me. I just want my family...

4. Brian777

Brian777 Safety and Support Forum Pro SF Supporter

I understand the feelings you're having ShawnDale. Have you seen a physician about medication or therapy, it may help to deal with the symptoms that you're having. Depression and anxiety are very difficult to deal with.

5. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

I am glad that you realize that it may never come. *hugs* I am sorry. Have you heard of scapegoat and golden child?

6. silis

silis Active Member

you shouldnt care about her. she is just another human, no better than any one else, and you shouldnt favor her opinion. there are a lot of people that like you and poeple that might not, it shouldnt matter what she thinks, she is just another person. dont be brought down by her and dont put any importance on what she might have to say. just ignore her and cut her out of your life. its YOUR life, not hers, you dictate what matters and whats important, and if she cant appreciate you, then dont waste any more time with her.

7. lightning05

lightning05 Well-Known Member

If you feel that the love from her may never come and have accepted or dealt with that than maybe it is time to stop trying to gain her love. I know that is what you truly want but it sounds like going after this is tearing you apart inside. Have you sought counseling for this? It sounds like an issue you should talk to someone about, especially if it is making you consider harming yourself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.