whats next for me?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by andyc68, Jun 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andyc68

andyc68 Guest

all i am living for at the moment is to be with someone i love, its what has kept me going now for quite sometime and it has given me the strength to get thru each day and push my worries to the back of my mind, but they are still there.

i have known for a long time that i am in serious money trouble, yes i work and i get thru what i need to pay to live day to day, the rent, money for the kids, usual bills etc etc, trouble is i have a house and mortgage that is empty and just wont sell, 2 loans against the house and in total i am in debt to the tune of 160k roughly.
    i have done all i can to keep things going in the unrealistic hope to sell the house to pay everything off but i know now that isnt going to happen.
    up shit creek without a paddle doesnt cover it.

so, and i have been thinking about this for a while, i have two chioces.

1- get the house repossessed by the bank and declare myself bankcrupt and still find i owe 50 - 70 k with no way to pay it.
    leaving me totally fucked in the head and feeling the way i did when i first joined.

2- pack my bags and dissapear to another country in the hope to start again and never be found, not telling anyone where i have gone, which is just as bad as number 1.

slowly the pressure is getting to me, still, i put on a brave face and say all is well
  2. Sa Palomera

Sa Palomera Well-Known Member

Hey there Andy,

I myself have been in trouble regarding money, and still am really, but I'm working my way up. When I lost hope of it ever being resolved, I felt just the way you do. I felt the only option I had was death.
    Thankfully I spoke about my issues with my therapists, and they pointed me towards social welfare. Around here there's a special arrangement for youngsters with either physical or mental health issues.
    I'm still in debt, but at least I can now pay my own food, which I haven't been able to do for about 6 months (my mates paid everything for me :sad: )

Have you spoken about your issues with your therapist (if you're seeing one, that is?), or some other organisation, I'm sure there must be organisations around there as well that can help you out with trying to find a solution to your problems.

I hope your issues will get resolved and that things will look up for you soon :hug:
  3. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Option #3 reach out and grab the hand that is stretching as far as it can out to you. And if you dont then that same hand just might have to slap a little sense into you!
  4. liveinhope

liveinhope Well-Known Member

Money problems can the route of all evil and lead you to feel the way you are, i know words may be of little comfort to you right now but reach out to whoevers hand it is that is connected to the person you love so deeply, together you will get through as you have each other.
    No immediate solution i know but a starting point perhaps
  5. andyc68

andyc68 Guest

thanks for the replies, yes i have done as much as i can do to lower payments and spoken to all the right people, but somethings can't be changed.
    my ex's idea of help is to ask a friend of ours for a loan which i refused.

i have known it would come down to this so when i get the nod it wont be a suprise, but i am not suicidal over it, just under pressure.

if it wasnt for Carla i don't know how bad i would be, she has given me a hope for my future.
  6. Love's Icy Death

Love's Icy Death Well-Known Member

well with this credit crunch crap were all going through now, I'm going to be honest and say it might get worse before it gets better, however these crunches never last for long and there is always light at the end of the tunnel.

for people with money problems in the UK and elsewhere there inst anything to do but simply hope the US economy starts to pick up again and that has a knock on effect on us. lets hope the democrats get in.

i would go to the citizens advice bureau which is a free service and that may come up with a way of easing the money troubles, most council offices in the UK will have one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.