WHATS NEXT?

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by WALLY GASKIN, Sep 24, 2016.

1. WALLY GASKIN

WALLY GASKIN Well-Known Member

On the subject of life and death.I believe that when we die,we return to the same state of being,before we were born.Birth and death are the same thing in reverse.We have no memories before we were born because we have no experiences.We have already been dead,we just dont remember.To exist is to be conscious,to not exist is to be unconscious.So death will be the same,no memories and no thought.No pain,but no pleasure.In a sense,we disappear.Nonexistence is depressing for many,so most people will continue to believe in a delusion to avoid it.I used to assume that when I died,I would go to heaven or an afterlife.Now I dont believe.I hope that there is an afterlife,but I believe it to be a slim chance.This subject is hard for me as well,and I am not trying to be depressing.I am looking at this from a scientific approach.The most common fear,is the fear of death.In science,the supernatural does not exist in our natural world.This subject is impossible to study with our current technology,and remains a theory.And remember this is just a theory,it is not a fact.Although,the thought of nonexistence scares the hell out of me,at times when life is hard,it would be nice to disappear.I do hope that there is something after this life,as long as it is better than this.The thought of eternity in heaven or hell sounds worse than nonexistence.It has taken me many years to accept my new belief,and I can not say that it makes me happy.Sometimes it sounds ok,and sometimes it scares me.What ever happens,there is nothing we can do to change it.Live life to the fullest,and remember that what ever happens to you,happens to me too.We are all in this together.Until next time,may the force be with you........

2. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

That's how I feel about it. People are scared of death because we have consciousness now. I wasn't scared of not being alive in 1654 or something because I didn't exist yet. Now I think the end is scary, but I won't be aware when I am no longer existing. I don't know for sure what happens, as I have experienced strange things that I can't put a name to. At the very least, death will be like the time before we were born. The rest is speculative I think, because I can't say with 100% certainty what will happen until it occurs. This probably won't make any sense, but these are my thoughts on the matter

WALLY GASKIN likes this.
  3. WALLY GASKIN

Hey Witty-Sarcasm,glad you like it.Its kinda of a downer,but its the way it is.Still have your mouse problem?

Witty_Sarcasm likes this.
  4. WALLY GASKIN

HELL IS SOMETHING THAT WE CARRY AROUND,NOT A PLACE WE GO......

5. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Yeah I do, haven't seen the bugger for a while, but I expect him to be back soon.

6. bhawk

bhawk Well-Known Member

While it's our instinct to fear death, when looked at it logically, there's no reason to have any fear, if there is no afterlife then you will no be aware of being dead, so no issue. If there is an afterlife then you will be looked after a god/gods so no issue there either.
    I like the old saying; 'when you are here, death is not. When death is here, you are not'