What's next?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by roksy, Jun 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roksy

roksy Well-Known Member

Is there anyone who went through suicidal ideations and came out of it? Can someone not be suicidal after they first become so?

2. Constantinos

Constantinos Well-Known Member

Hello roksy,

Of course there are many people, an example is myself, i've gone through suicidal thoughts and attempts but i won them over - took a long of time and patience - i can even still feel how tired i was feeling and how hopeless i was but i had that 20%-40% of me that wanted me to be alive.

Yes i've not been suicidal ever since i won suicide.

3. me myself and i

me myself and i Account Closed

I think that we can feel better about ourselves and life.
    But it takes great intention and a desire to change things for the better.
    We have to forgive ourselves and others.
    But certain mental conditions make this very hard, what works for one.............may not work for another.
    I had no "percentages" it was one way or the other.
    I hope you find the strength and caring for yourself to look at another chance for yourself.

4. roksy

roksy Well-Known Member

Can you forget the lows that you felt?

5. me myself and i

No, because only by remembering them............................. can you balance how feeling content feels.

6. roksy

roksy Well-Known Member

For me it is the pain that is killing me. I don't know if I can alleviate the pain. Can I reconstruct my past so that it would inflict less pain on me? What happens the next time I am put in a situation that is really painful? What if the threshold of pain has been crossed and there is no going back?

7. me myself and i

You can not change the past my friend, but you can make your future.
    Forgiveness of yourself comes from not saying"sorry" it comes from changing and becoming a better person.
    We all make mistakes, the true test is to have learnt from them............. and to react differently with kindness to yourself and others.

8. roksy

roksy Well-Known Member

I read in the Alchemist once that you can reconstruct the past. Can't you do that? This quote from you somehow depresses me. The future seems so bleak for me.

I found out that saying sorry is the only way one could learn. I cannot become a better person without saying I am sorry to other people, I am not sure if I ever tried it on myself though.

9. me myself and i

The Alchemist is a brilliant book, i have read it many times, i think that Paolo Coehli means, you reconstuct your past by your actions in the future........

I actually made a post about this book in the links and resources section on the forum

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.