• Please read the thread in Forum News and Announcements pertaining to race related discussion on SF - thank you :)

What's next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

roksy

Is there anyone who went through suicidal ideations and came out of it? Can someone not be suicidal after they first become so?

Constantinos

Is there anyone who went through suicidal ideations and came out of it?
Hello roksy,

Of course there are many people, an example is myself, i've gone through suicidal thoughts and attempts but i won them over - took a long of time and patience - i can even still feel how tired i was feeling and how hopeless i was but i had that 20%-40% of me that wanted me to be alive.

Can someone not be suicidal after they first become so?
Yes i've not been suicidal ever since i won suicide.

Is there anyone who went through suicidal ideations and came out of it? Can someone not be suicidal after they first become so?

I think that we can feel better about ourselves and life.
But it takes great intention and a desire to change things for the better.
We have to forgive ourselves and others.
But certain mental conditions make this very hard, what works for one.............may not work for another.
I had no "percentages" it was one way or the other.
I hope you find the strength and caring for yourself to look at another chance for yourself.

roksy

For me it is the pain that is killing me. I don't know if I can alleviate the pain. Can I reconstruct my past so that it would inflict less pain on me? What happens the next time I am put in a situation that is really painful? What if the threshold of pain has been crossed and there is no going back?

For me it is the pain that is killing me. I don't know if I can alleviate the pain. Can I reconstruct my past so that it would inflict less pain on me? What happens the next time I am put in a situation that is really painful? What if the threshold of pain has been crossed and there is no going back?
You can not change the past my friend, but you can make your future.
Forgiveness of yourself comes from not saying"sorry" it comes from changing and becoming a better person.
We all make mistakes, the true test is to have learnt from them............. and to react differently with kindness to yourself and others.

roksy

You can not change the past my friend, but you can make your future.
I read in the Alchemist once that you can reconstruct the past. Can't you do that? This quote from you somehow depresses me. The future seems so bleak for me.

Forgiveness of yourself comes from not saying"sorry" it comes from changing and becoming a better person.
We all make mistakes, the true test is to have learnt from them............. and to react differently with kindness to yourself and others.
I found out that saying sorry is the only way one could learn. I cannot become a better person without saying I am sorry to other people, I am not sure if I ever tried it on myself though.

I read in the Alchemist once that you can reconstruct the past. Can't you do that? This quote from you somehow depresses me. The future seems so bleak for me.

I found out that saying sorry is the only way one could learn. I cannot become a better person without saying I am sorry to other people, I am not sure if I ever tried it on myself though.
The Alchemist is a brilliant book, i have read it many times, i think that Paolo Coehli means, you reconstuct your past by your actions in the future........

I actually made a post about this book in the links and resources section on the forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$90.00
Goal
$255.00