What's Pushing Someone So Far?

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by The_Infected, Aug 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Infected

The_Infected Active Member

Why. Just why do people think that they can continue to push people without any negative consequences?

I hate my job. People think that they can yell at me behind the counter, belittling me because I handed you the wrong pack of cigarettes. Drunken assholes coming in and thinking that everything they do is right and nothing I do is. I'm the sober one at work, I have a better understanding than you right now. Co-workers all judging my every step. Watching me, ready to criticize me at any moment.

I hate the people I live with. Why can't I live with a mom and a dad like a normal fucking family. I don't have any memory of my mom and my dad together. Why the fuck did my mom have to die. Why is my dad such an asshole. Why can't we just be living like a normal fuckin' family. My grandparents don't do shit all for me, and I can't keep living like this anymore.

I hate society. It's all bullshit. Making girls have to look a certain way. Making them feel like shit if they're over 120lbs.

I can't keep living like this. I'm not going to make it to see sunlight.

-TZ

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Im sorry you in a job that you have to deal with people that are not so kind hun. Im sorry your mother died and know that sadness you are feeling I hope hun you have someone in real life to talk to A councillor a teacher someone a therapist hun but talk ok Good to see you reaching out here hun keep reaching out ok h ugs

3. The_Infected

I don't have anyone to talk to this about. If I did I wouldn't be here right now. No one will take me seriously.

4. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

Have you considered seeking out some services, or a support group? I think that everyone in retail experience rude customers. A rude customer is a very small distraction in the day when mounted against all of life's challenges. The old adage of "Choose Your Battles" somewhat applies here. The family situations seem more deserving of attention - I am sure that your father suffers the loss of your mother, his wife, as well. It is good to have built in support mechanisms through those who are around us, but the only true source for moving forward in wellness is one's own self. Depend on who you are, build on your own strengths, make your plans and measure performance against them, and when you need to share or vent... do so with peers who understand the same challenges (i.e., the value of peer support groups, etc.).

5. The_Infected

My parents weren't married. I was nothing but a Las Vegas mistake.
    I have, but there's not point when no one will take you seriously. Everyone doesn't believe me, there's no point in looking for a support group anymore.

6. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

While I personally believe that a family consisting of both a mother and a father is proper... There are MANY people who have never had that "luxury" and things work out great for them - many times EVEN BETTER. I thing a stable family life is a powerful took in growing up, but it is not the one deciding factor and it is up to the individual to take their own situation and make it fit their needs. As far as support groups, you might want to seek out a good one. Try NAMI. I have never heard of support groups where someone is not taken seriously, unless you are going in proclaiming to be a space alien or something.

What exactly is it that you need people to believe that they are having trouble grasping?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.