What's so bad about suicide?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by jeffbuddy, Feb 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeffbuddy

jeffbuddy Member

If your life really sucks why not commit suicide? I say its a valid option as long as its done efficiently. In 100 years, no ones going to remember that it even happened. I've always planned on jumping off a building when I'm 60. You don't have to worry about the future if you control the future.

What am i missing?

2. Wastingecho

Wastingecho Well-Known Member

any particular reason that you've picked 60 or is that some arbitrary decision?

trying to understand the "why" here

3. I guess I've though about this a lot too, and I sometimes have trouble deciding that if life really does suck why not just go for it but I guess the conculusion I always come to and the reason I stop is because even though I doubt it sometimes I know my actions would probablly hurt someone else.

And I think if you were really in controll you'd use that controll to make things better for yourself, and I guess if you say you suicide and that's your controll and that's what's best how can you really be so sure? There know way of truly knowing what lies beyond death.

4. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

This is a pro-life forum and we feel suicide is not a positive option to take.

We work hard to support each other NOT to attempt or commit suicide. If you fail to see what is so bad about it they I would suggest that this site is not for you, no offense, but most of us here are in tremendous emotional pain and feel suicide is the only way to end that...that my friend is not a fun place to be.

I fail to see the purpose of this thread and last time we had on with a similar title things got ugly so I hope this one is closed in due time before it gets ugly. This is a pro-life forum and seeing discussions on why suicide is "good" is triggering for me and others.

5. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

Hey it is me again....sorry if I seemed dismissive of your question it is just that I am suicidal right now and believe me there is nothing good about my feelings regarding it.

You ask is it bad? Well it is my option as I see it as so many things are wrong and getting worse in my life right now. I am in pain daily and there is little to no light at the end of the tunnel so while suicide may be a welcome relief and "not so bad" it is the circumstances surrounding it that make it bad. Oh yeah and some will say the consequences on those left behind is bad but I think those left will be relieved in my case.

Hope this helps answer your question....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.