What's Something You'd Love To Achieve?

EmB

Absolute Peach!
So... what's that one thing that you would just love to do before your time's up?

It doesn't need to be realistic! Perhaps you'd wanna travel to the future, that's cool too :)

I think I'd love to write a book.... no idea what kind, but I'd love to write a book.

Sending hugs

I'd like to publish a novel professionally within the next 3 years. I am already working on one. Finished 2 others but one was a vampire novel (publishers aren't taking them anymore) and one was a YA novel and I've decided not to write them. My current one I'm very excited about and I recently won 6th place in the Writers Digest international short story competition - with the short story my novel is based on. So that is encouraging.

Winslow

My Toughest Problem Has Been Solved.
SF Supporter
I've already achieved what I've always wanted because my Ultimate Dream came true last December as you might have seen from my other thread "My Ultimate Dream Came True." So I don't envy anybody. What I have is enough now. So I don't envy. Don't have to.

EmB

Absolute Peach!
I'd like to publish a novel professionally within the next 3 years. I am already working on one. Finished 2 others but one was a vampire novel (publishers aren't taking them anymore) and one was a YA novel and I've decided not to write them. My current one I'm very excited about and I recently won 6th place in the Writers Digest international short story competition - with the short story my novel is based on. So that is encouraging.
Super cool and super impressive!! Good luck :D

Sending hugs

MisterBGone

ReaLemon
SF Supporter
There was a time (A LONG TIME) - when I would have said, to direct , or make a film 🎞 / movie 🍿 🎥 . . . But hose days a re so far in the rear view (& the temporarily suspended disbelief with which I ... whatever the heck you want to call it “thought,” I maybe could - delusion? That said, I suppose many or most sound this way prior to ... unless they were hand fed; but even that is no gift, in this line of work. . But we’ll, it basically wrecked the rest of my life; becaus there were a great many other things that I gave up on -my self ,included—where I would and could but evidently should not have continued on in such a way or on such a path so as to have a moderately successful, more ‘normalized,’ life. For instance the graduate degree in the health sciences, and that is just one example; but I stil remember going / thinking - “if I do this, then I can’t do that!“ &that was basically that! Oh, Christ! I can t even see what the what I type—. —fucking—! ;D

Paisley

SF Artist
SF Supporter
That's awesome! Do you know what your graphic novel would be about, what sort of story would you want to tell?

Sending hugs
I've a pretty clear idea. For the last year or so I've been planning out worldbuilding and character development. Now I'm at the stage of deciding how exactly I want the plot to unfurl. Next step is starting to draw out the opening chapter.

It's going to be a dystopian science fiction story involving a woman tasked with protecting a massive, human-made, self-sustaining ecosystem underground. Over the last 1000 years or so the surface has become unable to sustain life among many other dramatic changes. All of her family has since passed on so she believes she is the last human left alive. This assumption is proven dead wrong when a cyborg crash lands near her home.

Any more detail than that and I feel like I'd be spoiling things. Thanks for the interest *hug

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00