What's Stopping You From Living?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Godsdrummer, Oct 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

I mean it. What is stopping you from living?

All that crap, all the bs that has brought you to the end of the line, can be left behind.

Can't you just throw that crap behind you and move on?

You say, but Uncle Pete, how can I do that?

I dunno, but I do know that you take things day by day.

First you start with aknowledging where you are at today. If you are at your lowest, you can only go up. So that is good news.

You can't change the past, so why let it haunt you.
    You can change the future, but first you have to want to.

So, what is stopping you from living?
  2. Tastelikeblood

Tastelikeblood Well-Known Member

Sounds great it's a good message, I can't emphasize enough how coherent I am of what you just said. I don't want to be a downer but all I can think is "easier said than done." It feels good to imagine I can let it go though. Does it work for you?
  3. butterflygurl

butterflygurl Member

Thanks for the post, it is encouraging! That's what I guess I need to do, let all the crap go and start all over again. Like you say when you are Truly at the bottom there's no way to go but up right? I just hate that it seems such a long time to get there. With depression everything seems overwheliming and time consuming
  4. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

I know how u feel about the depression.
  5. mortdesinos

mortdesinos Well-Known Member

Sometimes it's difficult to even express what's stopping me because I've heard an inner voice negating anything positive that I've said or that someone has said about me. When there is too much going on in my head at once, everything interferes with each other, and I think there's no way to focus on what you're talking about.
  6. Ordep

Ordep Well-Known Member

I've come to that same conclusion a while ago. It's good advice.

Me? I'm obsessed with my ex, everything that has to do with her and so far I could not let go. I don't have any real friends and I suck at making social connections. My father views the world in a very different life than me and continues to try to force his opinions on me, and I won't accept that, which brings lots of unrest at home.

That's preety much the core of the question yes.
  7. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

I wish I could feel alive. I'm not quite sure how.
    And I have a million excuses and I just don't know how to realistically counteract them, nor the motivation.
  8. EmptyLife

EmptyLife Well-Known Member

unbearable, unremitting depression that does not respond to exercise, antidepressants, or any kind of treatment.
  9. worlds edge

worlds edge Well-Known Member

Well, I doubt that I've ever really lived, at least if we accept that the three "highest" levels of Maslow's hierarchy of needs are necessary to propel you from mere existence into living. I am certainly without love/friendship, esteem and probably any sort of self-actualization as well (though I'm candidly unsure what that last term is supposed to mean). Most days I feel like some sort of fleshy robot, a stimulus-response machine. Sometimes a functional one, other times decidedly malfunctioning. In any event, I've concluded that I'm simply not capable of forming any sort of meaningful connection with my fellow humans, so I've stopped trying.

"Move on" to what exactly? I just do not see anything in the future that will either change the above or engage me in some facisimile of life. Existence, nonexistence, does it really make much of a difference? From one perspective it does not, as when I think of what I want or hope to accomplish or what have you. From another perspective I must admit that it does, since I unfortunately do owe several people a duty to stay alive, at least in the short-term.
  10. Multiple Man

Multiple Man Well-Known Member

Noone ever "lets" anything haunt them.
  11. yursomedicated

yursomedicated Chat & Forum Buddy

everything that has ever happened to me in the past.

i can't move on.

no matter what people say i can't

i don't 'live for the future'...i'm too busy dying over the past.

i think the real question here is what's stopping you from dying?

because that answer should be the most important thing to you.

it is to me. it is the most important thing in my life.

a person, a real live person is stopping me.

my best friend is all i have and i don't think i could do that to her.

so i try and live for her..i really really try.
  12. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

I have so many issues and most feed into the other. For example....I'm financial broke, I mean trying to live off about $300 a month and that has to cover the kids, me, gas, bills, groceries, house insurance, property taxes you name it it has to be covered by that $300. I have debts that are pulling me further down. To the tune of about $30,000 which was not from waste but rather trying to survive with 4 kids before I was "broke" enough for social assistance. I have tried every resource I can find. I cant work because of my mental and physical health. Feed into one another. Viscious cycle.

I suffer from anxiety and panic attacks. I hate being isolated but I cant survive outside the "sanctuary" of my home. I'm being forced to sell the house. Feed into one another.

The money I get from my half of the sale will cover the debts but not leave me with enough to by a house big enough for me and all the kids. And trust me I am not looking at anything fancy, just enough to cover the basics, a roof, electricity and a few bedrooms. Feed into one another.

And so the thoughts and urges are eating it all up. Being fed really well and just keep growing in leaps and bounds. I dont get up every blessed day wanting to be this pathetic, it's my life. I have accepted it. I have tried to "fix" it change it, get rid of it tried it all. Has been for the past 8 years and the 20 before that filled with sexual, emotional and physical abuse. Abused severely for many many years. Destroyed all self esteem, ego and sense of being. Feed into one another.

I could go on all day. But you get the point. So how do I combat that? I try to fix one and the other plays out. I try to get rid of some of it, something new comes along to take its place. My mental health worker and pdoc have pretty much stopped trying. They see the truth and know there isnt anything they can do. They cant fix the financial, the cancer any of it. And with all that hanging around my neck they know they cant fix me. The meds are all up to max doseage. I've tried me believe me I've tried. Now I'm just so wornout and tired that there is no try left. No more hope or need to try. So how do I let go of that. I'm not trying to be angry, there is no point to it anymore. I'm not trying to be rude, I just really want to know.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2009
  13. sad panda

sad panda Well-Known Member

A condition that's both highly painful and progressive.
  14. necrodude

necrodude Well-Known Member

the fact that its not worth it.
    we all return to to the elements.
  15. Young suicider

Young suicider Well-Known Member

nothing is stopping me...as of yesterday....This is my PRE BYE. BYE
  16. Hae-Gi

Hae-Gi Banned Member

My lack of my true love is what's stopping me from living. There is nothing else for me than that and there should be nothing else than that for everyone else, as well.

My lack of her incapacitates me enough to make it yet more difficult to find her. "Miraculously", I "found" her in April last year... I thought that everything finally would be okay... I finally would be happy.... but it was all fake. I thought she was my true love but it was just... fake.

I don't know where to go from here. She "came" to me after I decided to pray for the last time in my life... I prayed for that everything would sort out, which mainly meant finding my true love... a couple days later she contacted me... in time, we fell in love... I thought it was true love... it had to be - my prayer had been answered, after all... but it wasn't. It was all a lie. Just a big lie.... but at least I'm wiser, now... I really know that prayers do absolutely nothing, now. How foolish I was to ever think they can make a difference... how about that they just laugh you in the face, instead.

I'm at a point where I'm starting to lose faith in almost everything I used to believe in..... I can feel how as the days pass, I become more and more of an empty shell.... and my only way out is a "new" miracle that is actually real. -_-

That's what's stopping me from living.... I want my idealistic dream and nothing else.... all or nothing.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.