What's the answer?

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by nickpaton, Apr 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nickpaton

nickpaton New Member

I came here wanting to talk, realised I've included my full name as my forum name which is maybe not so clever.

I'm 53 married and alone at home while my wife has gone up to her mum;s and I think is having a breakdown.

I was nearly strangled at birth and suffered from oxygen starvation. On day 3 I was bought to my mum rigid with rage on the nurses hand.

I was sent off to boarding schools from 8 - 16 and was only 'released' after I couldn't take any more of the Tom Browns schooldays regimes.

Numerous suicide attempts just dont' seem to finish me off - what the hell are you supposed to do?

After a year and £850's worth of psychotherapy 4 times a week until 10 days ago I got to the point of not seeing him as my enemy; but with the 'breakthrough' that I only wanted to kill myself as the only means of getting back at those nearest to me, he completely ignores the other side of me which actually wants to not be here.

Does anyone here experience that thing that today is a very long year?

2. snowraven

snowraven Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum Nick. Sorry to hear that life seems to be such an ordeal for you but glad you managed to find SF. I know when I came here I was in a really desperate state. But I have found the help and support I needed to see me through. I still battle with the thoughts most days and know exactly what you mean when you talk of a day seeming like a year. But it's a battle I'm getting more able to deal with all the time. Certainly found more understanding here than I have ever done by going to the NHS. You mention being nearly strangled at birth. Have you ever looked into Rebirthing? I know a couple of people who are practisioners and they reckon it can really help in such situations. Just a thought.
    Anyway I hope you find the site useful. There are some really good people here. Best wishes, Simon.
    Shouldn't be a problem giving your name out but if you feel uncomfortable with it you can always change it. PM me if you ever need to talk.

3. crookxshanks

crookxshanks Well-Known Member

welcome x

4. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hey Nick,
    Welcome to the forum!! When you feel up to it just jump right in and start talking to people rather it be starting your own threads or just replying to others.. You should make friends here fairly simple..

5. Starlite

Starlite Senior Member

Welcome to SF!

6. mixedemotions

mixedemotions Forum Buddy

Hey Nick,
    I notice you are from Newcastle...
    SO am I :)
    Welcome to the forum x

7. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Hey Nick, welcome to the site. This is an amazing place to get support, and I hope it helps you.

8. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to SF Nick. I am sure you will find support here. I am sorry to here about your rough beginnings. Hopefully things turn around for you. :hug:

9. ~Claire

~Claire Well-Known Member

Welcome to SF Nick.

:hug: Claire xx

10. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

welcome :arms:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.