Whats the Best Momento to Take from an ex?

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by free3, May 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. free3

free3 Well-Known Member

Basically my GF left me ( Long complex story Story ). and i dint take ( Permenently borrow ) any of her stuff, but i really wish i had... so nex time, if there is a next time, i wanna know what i shud take jus in case... so i thought i wud c wat all you's thoughts was....
    oh n sub note i wud defo recommend takN something cus u cant take anything when they r gone

Any Idea's on a better title or any edit to improve appreciated.
    For clarity: This is not a "CASE THE PLACE" its more sentimental.
    And lets face it, stuff they buy you aint really personal, is it?

Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2010
  2. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

I didn't keep anything of his. However i have kept photos and presents he had given me.

You've got the memories, that's the most important thing.

3. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

When my BF and I broke up last year, I kept the stuff he gave me, but I didn't take anything that belonged to him.

4. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

I wouldn't take anything. It's more difficult trying to move on when you hold on to something of theirs, especially clothing with their smell (worst thing ever to take!)

5. free3

free3 Well-Known Member

i suppose one quite funny thing is that if you get married you get to take the house, what a momento! and maybe the car and kids... you can live in what you get.

6. free3

free3 Well-Known Member

sound like you know ( thats wat i NEED ), so what is the best thing to take, we've ( about 100% I ) worked out that you can take more valueable stuff, so long as, you leave something of equal value, in its place, (and/or) you are (Fairly/completely) sure they will use it (or like it).

do you rekon its more about quality than quantity? like shud you take loads of stuff (leave their property bare, jokin) or jus take 1 really important thing (like their soul( soul essentially equals tooth brush, library card and abilty to make tea ), lol)

7. Aurora Gory Alice

Can I ask, why would you want to take anything?
    Surely if she had something you liked you'd just go out and buy your own new one?
    My ex had a projector that he would show movies on in the garden during summer. I loved it! So when we broke up I bought my own.

8. free3

free3 Well-Known Member

its a jus in case thing, cus like i say, you cant get anything to rememba em by when they go. no point in wishin u had like a pillow slip ( or wateva ) when you can't get one.
    Not exactly BUZZN with imaginative idea's R we? this isnt really a deeply philosophical question, im not going to write a book based on what you come up with and its not a doctrine for future generations... infact, Sounds %CrAzY!, but i thought it mite be a bit of fun.

9. Aurora Gory Alice

Oh I see, you mean you want something to remember the person by.
    I'm just an old cynic you see, I see everything from the grotty side of life! ;-)

Well in that case I'd say take something that they probably aren't going to miss but something that reminds you of them.
    An item of clothing, a piece of jewellery, a keepsake that you might've picked up on a holiday or a trip somewhere, photographs of the two of you even.

Failing that, just try and make sure to hold on to anything that they got for you that was personal. Like a valentines day card, a teddy bear, any little gifts (especially if it was something that they wrote on), something of yours that she maybe liked to wear like one of your jumpers or whatever...

But also remember holding on to that stuff, looking at it and crying won't do you any good when you're trying to move on and wanting to meet someone else.
    I personally threw out everything any ex ever gave me or anything that reminded me of them.

Never does you any good in the long run.

10. Tobes

Tobes Well-Known Member

I agree with those who say don't take anything. It's theirs, not yours.

And if you did take something, they will probably know it is gone, assume you took it, and be angry with you.

You will have your memories, that is enough.

11. Aurora Gory Alice

I'm not sure I see the fun in this question - no offense or anything. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.