What's the f*****g point...

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by jdc, Jan 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jdc

jdc New Member

I really don't get it...

Why is life such a constant struggle?

Problems at every turn, constant worries about something or another.

I have thought over the last few years that if my family & one or two friends didn't exist it would be such a no brainer decision for me. The other thing that I have come to realise is that I'm now becoming more selfish...

Why should I be alive just for their sake, just so I don't hurt them? When I'm gone I'm gone. I won't know anything about it so I won't have to deal with what I leave behind. I only deal with it whilst being alive which makes life even more intolerable.

I'm sorry, I just don't see the fucking point of it all. I want out quickly & easily.
  2. vixter101

vixter101 Chat Buddy

I'm really sorry that you feel this way. It can be patronising when someone says I know exactly how you feel, but that is exactly how I feel. I am suicidal and don't feel safe at the moment. The only reason I ever stop from doing something is my family and the mess I would leave behind. However, even now that is becoming less and less of a reason for me not to do what is constantly on my mind to do.

There is light at the end of the tunnel though. Everyone here is lovely and friendly and will offer a helpful and caring ear and hugs. I'm seeking help (even though I don't think I'm being taking seriously at my threats to harm myself) but you can overcome these feelings.

You do need to think about yourself and put yourself first. I hope you reach out for the help and support you need. I'm always here if you want to chat or pm me...and I'll help as much as I can.

Vix xx
  3. Tmacster1

Tmacster1 Well-Known Member

Hello, I'm sorry your feeling this way right now :( I'm suicidal and have mild depression episodes, and I've found my time here helpful. Vix is right there is a light at the end of the tunnel, and there's always hope. :hug: I'm here if you want to chat to. :hug: hang in there and remember your not alone.

4. Misfit

Misfit Member

I can empathise with both your situations too. Not wanting to hurt the people around me is something that forces me to push through the worst times, though this can in turn lead to me hating them at times ("Why should I have to keep on living this shitty life because they want me to?" etc). I don't think there are answers, just gradual stages to accepting the reality of the situation and learning to cope with it, maybe even turn it to your advantage in some ways (I've used it as a way of opening up my life to new experiences and opportunities, saying yes to everything that comes my way and trying things without worrying about what comes next because if the worst comes to the worst I can just check out).

I hope you're both okay and you're welcome to message me if you want to talk to someone who understands all too well what you're going through.
  5. Tmacster1

I would like to thank MisFit for his input and response. I'll also admit that I agree with him... There's no answers or magic, however were here to support you and listen to you. Were not judgmental and we care about you because your a special person. :hug: Don't let anyone or anything hold you done because everything is beatable.

6. jdc

jdc New Member

Thx for the replies guys.

In all honesty it hasn't made any difference to how I feel...

Yeah I'm sure there are lots of people who feel how I feel right now and sympathise. I guess sympathy - empathy etc doesn't register with me anymore. I posted on here to voice how I feel - to put it down in writing. That's all it does, put it down in writing.

People say it's a selfish act. What about the selfishness of the people you are staying alive for? Six or seven peoples selfishness against one. The maths seem to work in my favour as I'm beginning to see now.

If I could press a button now.

I probably won't post again here, no point anyone posting a reply.

If you can help each other that's great and I wish you all well.
  7. Tmacster1

I'm sorry that none of our replies seem to help you. All I know is I won't hold anything against you. What you do is your choice we can't physically do anything to you. Hopefully you what you feel is right and that's all I have to really say. At least your wrote down some words though I guess that's a good thing in that regard. I don't view it as a selfish act because it just boils down to a decision.

8. **katie**

**katie** Member

Yea, wish i had a BUTTON to push.....i would right now....i am thinking i hurt my family being here, will they hurt less when i am gone? i am thinking If one of my family dies, i will hurt forever, do they need me to make sure they stay ok? maybe they do... it is helping to express this, at least a little
  9. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

If you die, then your family will hurt forever. It's the same as you would feel if one of them died. You have to remember that you are special and are here for a reason. I'm glad that it's helping you to express your feelings by writing here, please continue to do so. We'll always be here to listen and help.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.