whats the fucking point

Status
Not open for further replies.
seriously. People work for most of their lives and for what, to be treated like shit in some retirement home and have all their hard earned money snachted from them by they ungrateful children. All i have to look forward to is to get kicked out by my dad then move to a hostel, most likely get hooked on smack or sumthing then die alone. 100% of people who look down on suicidal people are middle class wankers who have never been in a serious financial or medical situation in their life. They go on about how theirs so much to see in the world but most of us will never see it, only the rich. I dont give a fuck about what people say money DOES buy you happiness (once again the only people that say it doesnt usualy have multiple floors to their houses.)

Jodi

Staff Alumni
anonymous51,

Im sorry your in so much pain right now. I am glad your here on the site and I hope together we can help you through this. Your right I think when it comes to money, but it can bring many more stressors too, in my opinion. Lean on us as much as you need to we're here for you....

P

ProzacDeathWish

seriously. People work for most of their lives and for what, to be treated like shit in some retirement home and have all their hard earned money snachted from them by they ungrateful children. All i have to look forward to is to get kicked out by my dad then move to a hostel, most likely get hooked on smack or sumthing then die alone. 100% of people who look down on suicidal people are middle class wankers who have never been in a serious financial or medical situation in their life. They go on about how theirs so much to see in the world but most of us will never see it, only the rich. I dont give a fuck about what people say money DOES buy you happiness (once again the only people that say it doesnt usualy have multiple floors to their houses.)
I totally agree with your perception of money issues. Money makes the difference in all areas of our life, that's for sure !

If I had enough, I would feel sooo much better. Not because I'm a materialistic bastard but because it would allow me to seperate from people, from bosses and coworkers who just make me want to get in my car and drive home and lock the door.

Money is important, especially to those of us on the verge of a mental breakdown. If we have enough, we can remove ourselves from the stresses
that challenge us. A big bank account would allow me to slam the door upon humanity and yell " stay the hell, out !!!"

Last edited:
D

Death71

Having money gives you options, I'd rather be depressed and well off than depressed and pretty hard up, as I am at the moment. The other part of the vicious circle is that when you are depressed you try and cheer yourself up a bit by spending money, which you can't afford to do. It's a vicious circle.

If you're depressed, addicted to drugs/alcohol etc and have money you can get the best help available. Look at Robbie Williams and Britney Spears, it doesn't make their problems any easier but at least they can get the best help available. Christ go on holiday somewhere in the world for a week or so to try and forget about things. Most of us are on the treadmill where you work to survive to pay the bills and try and keep your head above water.

It does not matter how much money you make, it never seems to be enough. Even those with more than what we would say is enough, don't feel they have all they need. It is a viscious cycle. The more we have the more we think we need. An example might be someone with little money going in for a professional haircut once a year and feeling special to have even that. Then someone with enough money to go every 6 weeks feels it is a necessity
My treat, their need. It is all the point of view.

P

ProzacDeathWish

It does not matter how much money you make, it never seems to be enough. Even those with more than what we would say is enough, don't feel they have all they need. It is a viscious cycle. The more we have the more we think we need. An example might be someone with little money going in for a professional haircut once a year and feeling special to have even that. Then someone with enough money to go every 6 weeks feels it is a necessity
My treat, their need. It is all the point of view.
I respectfully differ from you. I believe that many of us here, as adults, are forced to provide our own living. Fine, no problem, except that mental illness
complicates matters. Our grip upon our lives, and even our jobs, is tenuous at best. Losing our jobs is a much more likely scenario for persons like ourselves and the prospect of dealing with job loss and then having to find another are frequently more than we can bear.

For us it isn't a matter of trying to acquire and abundance of wealth simply to compete with the Jone's or to stroke our egos. It's about safety and security, about being able to not worry on top of all of our other
worries.

This is not a "money buys happiness" issue in the traditional sense. It's just that money is frequently all that seperates us from being homeless and destitute.

Actually, weird as it may seem I kinda agree with both of you. while having more money you can donate to charity and your health (having money for doctors, meds etc) But with some people they let money do as Corrina says, some people think "oh wow, more money!!, I could get this, this, this and etc," t then you have none of the extra money you earned. but does vary with people... but that's my take on it, not so sure it's making sense or not considering I am floating into sleep depervation... lol :laugh:

Just my nonsense reply :tongue: Make out of it what you may. :rolleyes:

mike25

Frittering money away on material goods will never bring lasting contentment to anybody; ill or well. It just provides temporary diversion from the real issues. That's why people are always buying new things, most of it useless junk. It's like a drug, they have to get their fix of a latest purchase. If they're not spending, they're being downloaded by TV, yapping pointless gibberish in to mobiles, or blasting their minds out with music. They never just STOP. If they did, they might have to think, and that's far too scary.

Money doesn't buy happiness, but it does give you options, as I think PDW was expressing ie you could get away from annoying co-workers, live in a preferred neighbourhood etc.

The system we live in isn't intended to aid personal contentment. Money makes the world go round, and that's certainly true, because we live in a world controlled by those who control the money. The vast majority of ordinary people were born in to this system, and accept it as natural. They never question it.

Everything in this system came in to being through labour (which is the system of the 'elite'). It's like training a rat to pull a lever to get a reward. Money is the reward for the expenditure of labour. Then they tax you a percentage of that labour so they can pay for other labour to keep the system going, or pay for police/army to keep you in check. So money keeps the system in place.

Luke 20:21-26 So the spies questioned Jesus: "Teacher, we know that you speak and teach what is right, and that you do not show partiality but teach the way of God in accordance with the truth. Is it right for us to pay taxes to Caesar or not?" He saw through their duplicity and said to them, "Show me a denarius. Whose portrait and inscription are on it?". "Caesar's," they replied. He said to them, "Then give to Caesar what is Caesar's, and to God what is God's." They were unable to trap him in what he had said there in public. And astonished by his answer, they became silent. (NIV translation)

Jodi

Staff Alumni
WOW.....Mike you said things well....I like the added touch of the Bible verse....I wouldnt add a thing to it....I agree 100% with Mike25 .....

i suppose what you say is true about people buying new things all the time as a diverison, but i dont really see whats wrong with that. The majority of suicides come from the council estates, and ive never heard of a celebrity killing themselves because they realise all these things that they buy isnt giving them true happiness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00